Portfolio Analyst | NSW Sydney Inner
|Category:||Actuarial and Statistical|
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Portfolio_Analyst_IAL.docx (Word, 57KB)
|Application Close Date:||25-Aug-2018|
#Closer #Braver #Faster
The IAL business currently distributes Domestic (Home, Motor & Landlords) insurance products through Australia's largest insurance broking network – Steadfast. We are a small team, which enables us to make quick decisions, in response to our Customer's needs. This means you will be dealing with Senior Leaders within the IAL business on a day to day basis.
Reporting to the Pricing Manager, this role contributes to the strategic direction of IAL. Whilst a major part is Portfolio Management (using tools such as Tableau), it crosses over into Reporting (both internal & external), Project, and Technology (automation of processes).
This role delivers on the IAL value proposition by assisting us to identify emerging trends within our portfolio, and leverage this via tangible responses & recommendations to our partners.
- Identify Emerging Trends within the IAL portfolio, and in consultation with the IAL leadership, proactively develop strategic initiatives to respond.
- Own the Reporting Function initially with pre-existing Broker Reports, but over time for other internal and external reporting tasks.
- Integrate IAL brand reporting into IAG format, for group monitoring/reporting
- Keep abreast of industry, market and competitor activity, including regular reporting on movements and trends and product changes.
- Provide on-going critical thinking with regard to internal processes and how Automation can be used to reduce the volume of low value tasks.
Skills and experience
- Understanding of general insurance and underwriting principles
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Actuarial, finance or analytical background, knowledge in Python (highly regarded), VBA & SQL would assist. The ability to blend analytics & strategic business management is important.
At IAG, we believe that everyone has a unique point of view to share, shaped by their life experiences, cultures & passions. We celebrate and commit to:
#Proud to be me – we value difference, not sameness
#Together – harnessing our collective wisdom enables us to be our best for our customers & each other
#No boxes – it's not about labels, boxes or categories. It's about building a diverse and inclusive mindset into everything we do
IAG is the largest general insurance group in Australia and New Zealand. IAG owns some of the region's most trusted brands, including NRMA Insurance, CGU, SGIO, SGIC, WFI and Swann Insurance.
Start your career journey with us and click ‘Apply'!