Employee Relations Specialist | NSW Sydney Inner
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Employee Relations Specialist HRER4.docx (Word, 47KB)
|Application Close Date:||20-Jul-2018|
#CLOSER #BRAVER #FASTER
In this role as Employee Relations Specialist, you will create a positive employee relations environment that supports leader practices, a high-performance culture and play a critical part in building capability across the group.
Operationally, you will act as a trusted advisor to provide consistent, timely and credible advice on escalated enquiries in line with People and Culture's tiered service delivery model.
Strategically, you are responsible for developing, leading and implementing key projects to further improve our business leaders experience.
You may be required to lead and mentor others; You will use your experience, knowledge and people skills to assist others learning and development whilst in turn developing your own leadership capabilities.
- Assistance/interpretation on the enterprise agreement, HR policies and guidelines and contracts
- Advice on performance, conduct and grievance management
- Conduct and support escalated investigations and mediation to resolve complex employment matters
- Represent IAG at the Fair Work Commission, Australian Human Rights Commission and Courts
- Coach and develop people leaders and HR Advisors
- Facilitate programs to build advisory service, manager and employee capability in managing employee relations matters
- Engage with specialist support as required and ensure seamless escalation across the tiers within the Australian Region and Hub
- Ensure relevant employment related information is accessible and maintained in self-service channels to drive leader self-sufficiency where appropriate
Skills & Experience
- Industry and/or field experience in financial services
- Tertiary Qualifications in law, human resources or related discipline (essential)
- Demonstrated ability to foster collaborative relationships internally and externally with customers
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities to achieve agreed outcomes
- Able to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Demonstrated ability to work within and adapt to a changing environment with a high degree of flexibility
At IAG, we believe that everyone has a unique point of view to share, shaped by their life experiences, cultures & passions. We celebrate and commit to:
#Proud to be me – we value difference, not sameness
#Together – harnessing our collective wisdom enables us to be our best for our customers & each other
#No boxes – it's not about labels, boxes or categories. It's about building a diverse and inclusive mindset into everything we do
IAG is the largest general insurance group in Australia and New Zealand, with a growing presence in Asia. IAG owns some of the region's most trusted brands, including NRMA Insurance, CGU, SGIO, SGIC, WFI and Swann Insurance.
Start your career journey with us and click ‘Apply'!
In addition to a diverse and inclusive culture, some of our benefits include 13% superannuation, 50% insurance discounts, flexible work and leave options, generous parental leave and return to work program, recognition and reward program, and various corporate partner discounts.
We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply for this position.