Assistant Underwriter | WA Perth Inner
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Assistant Underwriter 2018.docx (Word, 50KB)
|Application Close Date:||20-Jul-2018|
- Permanent Opportunity
- Perth WA
- AUD BD WA Workers Comp SME & Direct, Australia Division
At IAG, we believe that everyone has a unique point of view to share, shaped by their life experiences, cultures & passions. We celebrate and commit to:
- #Proud to be me – we value difference, not sameness
- #Together – harnessing our collective wisdom enables us to bring our best for our customers & each other
- #No boxes – it's not about labels, boxes or categories, rather it's about building a diversity, inclusion & belonging mindset into everything we do
In addition to a diverse and inclusive culture, some of our benefits include 13% superannuation, 50% insurance discounts, flexible work and leave options, generous parental leave and return to work program, recognition and reward program, and various corporate partner discounts. Visit our website to find out morewww.iag.com.au
As a key member of Workers' Compensation Risk States Product, this role is accountable for assisting the Business Unit to underwrite and process Workers' Compensation business in order to achieve profit, growth and retention targets in line with strategic objectives.
The position will also contribute to building and maintaining intermediary relationships.
- Primarily accountable for assisting in the underwriting of renewal and new business risks by providing processing, administrative, and underwriting support whilst operating within specific risk acceptance authorities and guidelines
- Assisting the Business Unit in achieving renewal retention, and profitability targets in accordance with business objectives by actively following up outstanding renewal business
- To contribute to the achievement of annual performance objectives set for the Business Unit
- Assisting in the resolution of any Credit Services issues in order to help CGU obtain payment of accounts within policy credit terms and action any processing problems before due date of payment
- Building and maintaining relationships with intermediaries.
- Maintaining the CGU profile in the market place to assist with new business sales and renewal retention rates
Skills & Experience
- Previous customer experience
- Minimum of 12 months years underwriting experience in workers' compensation/ general insurance
- HSC or equivalent (essential)
- Insurance qualification at ANZIIF Associate leave or Tertiary qualification in related financial field (preferred)
Click ‘Apply' and start your career conversation with Talent Acquisition!