Business Analyst | National
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:|| IAG-PD-DMS-Business Analyst_20180626.docx (Word, 55KB)
|Application Close Date:||20-Jul-2018|
CLOSER #BRAVER #FASTER
This is a newly created position within the Document Management System (DMS) stream in Corporate Platforms, Group Technology. As a business analyst you will be contributing towards conducting analysis of complex business problems and involved in identifying emerging business opportunities. Primary responsibilities of this role involve engaging with various stakeholder groups in identifying, gathering business requirements, documenting and communicating business requirements and ensuring the key deliverables are compatible with IAG delivery frameworks.
- Gather and document business requirements, including functional, non-functional, reporting and transition requirements
- Liaise with development and infrastructure team to communicate technical requirements.
- Validate that design of overall DMS solution meets agreed patterns
- Manage expectations and communicate effectively with customers, partners and technology stakeholders.
- Support the project manager, iteration manager, lead BA or delivery manager with mapping out project and requirement scope and estimating business analysis activities.
- Support raising project risks and preparation of business impact, risk assessment, rating and possible solutions and/or mitigants
- Assist with change request management
Skills & Experience
- Minimum 3+ years' experience in business analysis
- Good understanding and experience of business analysis tasks and techniques
- Experience with document management systems would be an added advantage.
- Good communication and negotiation skills
- Extensive experience in writing business and functional requirements, use cases, storyboards and other analysis / design artefacts
- Experience with Atlassian and Microsoft Office Suite of products
- Understanding of SDLC methodologies (Agile, Waterfall – PMBOK, PRINCE2)
- Tertiary qualifications in information technology related field would be highly regarded
- Knowledge of data modelling, data warehousing, technology infrastructure, business process modelling would be beneficial
- Background in Financial Services or Insurance (preferable)
At IAG, we believe that everyone has a unique point of view to share, shaped by their life experiences, cultures & passions. We celebrate and commit to:
#Proud to be me – we value difference, not sameness
#Together – harnessing our collective wisdom enables us to be our best for our customers & each other
#No boxes – it's not about labels, boxes or categories. It's about building a diverse and inclusive mindset into everything we do
IAG is the largest general insurance group in Australia and New Zealand, with a growing presence in Asia. IAG owns some of the region's most trusted brands, including NRMA Insurance, CGU, SGIO, SGIC, WFI and Swann Insurance.
Start your career journey with us and click ‘Apply'!
In addition to a diverse and inclusive culture, some of our benefits include 13% superannuation, 50% insurance discounts, flexible work and leave options, generous parental leave and return to work program, recognition and reward program, and various corporate partner discounts.
We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply for this position.