Performance Test Engineer | NSW Sydney All
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:|| PD Performance Test Engineer TSAD4.docx (Word, 50KB)
|Application Close Date:||17-Jul-2018|
#CLOSER #BRAVER #FASTER
This role sits within IAG's Group Technology, Testing and Quality Assurance division. As a Performance Test Engineer, you would responsible for planning and execution of performance testing for core IAG application releases. As a Test Engineer you will operate within an agile practice that involves liaising with both onshore and offshore vendor teams for test execution.
- Plan, develop and execute end to end performance testing activities during release cycle
- Ensure that the changes delivered in a release for various platforms / sub-platforms meet the agreed system performance requirement by validating the pre/post go-live performance metrics.
- Review existing and new workload modelling for performance tests carried out and make recommendations to platform and business stakeholders based on performance tuning
- Designing automation frameworks and writing automation scripts
- Identify areas to improve within performance testing processes that would promote quality outcomes.
- Provide advanced technical advice to peers on best practices, tools and their usage for performance testing.
Skills & Experience
- Proven experience as a Senior Test Analyst and minimum 3 years of experience conducting Performance Testing for applications within large complex corporate environments
- Strong skills with Performance Testing and Monitoring tools such as LoadRunner and Sitescope (mandatory)
- Knowledge or experience using tools such as Performance Centre, Gatling, Splunk & Introscope would be advantageous
- Clear written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to liaise with offshore vendor partnering teams and various stakeholder groups within the business
- Good scripting and programming knowledge in HTML, Groovy, Ruby & Perl
- Knowledge and passion for building automation frameworks and scripts
- Good understanding of Integration bus, messaging queues, SQL's and Cloud computing such as OpenStack & AWS would be beneficial
- Tertiary qualification in Information Technology, Engineering, Computer Science
- Any testing certifications would be highly regarded
At IAG, we believe that everyone has a unique point of view to share, shaped by their life experiences, cultures & passions. We celebrate and commit to:
#Proud to be me – we value difference, not sameness
#Together – harnessing our collective wisdom enables us to be our best for our customers & each other
#No boxes – it's not about labels, boxes or categories. It's about building a diverse and inclusive mindset into everything we do
IAG is the largest general insurance group in Australia and New Zealand, with a growing presence in Asia. IAG owns some of the region's most trusted brands, including NRMA Insurance, CGU, SGIO, SGIC, WFI and Swann Insurance.
Start your career journey with us and click ‘Apply'!
In addition to a diverse and inclusive culture, some of our benefits include 13% superannuation, 50% insurance discounts, flexible work and leave options, generous parental leave and return to work program, recognition and reward program, and various corporate partner discounts.
We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply for this position.