Senior Workers Compensation Underwriter | WA Perth Inner
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:|| PD - Senior Underwriter (Workers Comp).docx (Word, 50KB)
|Application Close Date:||26-Jul-2018|
#CLOSER #BRAVER #FASTER
- West Perth Location
- Full-Time Permanent Opportunity
The purpose of the position is to provide effective technical and management support to the Underwritten Team enabling the consistent delivery of business and operational objectives including the achievement of growth, profit and retention targets.
The position is also responsible for underwriting the larger/ more complex risks and Account Management activities within the team.
- Analyse information presented and make appropriate risk rating decisions (demonstrating good judgment) to achieve underwriting result in line with business unit objectives
- Recommend rates and underwriting criteria for “schemes” developed with intermediaries and burning cost policies
- Manage reinsurance special acceptances for a particular risk
- Authorize a discount for a preferred risk
- Decide a loading for a poor risk
- Work collaboratively with Claims and Safety Risk Services to improve the quality of risks underwritten
- Mentor underwriters in technical underwriting matters
- Provide leadership support to ensure all staff receive appropriate guidance, training and development to enable them to perform at the highest level.
Key skills and experience required
- Minimum of 5 years underwriting experience in workers' compensation/ general insurance
- Minimum 2 years workers' compensation underwriting experience of policies having premiums in excess of $100,000
- A preferred Insurance qualification at ANZIIF Associate leave or Tertiary qualification in related financial field
At IAG, we believe that everyone has a unique point of view to share, shaped by their life experiences, cultures & passions. We celebrate and commit to:
#Proud to be me – we value difference, not sameness
#Together – harnessing our collective wisdom enables us to be our best for our customers & each other
#No boxes – it's not about labels, boxes or categories. It's about building a diverse and inclusive mindset into everything we do
IAG is the largest general insurance group in Australia and New Zealand. IAG owns some of the region's most trusted brands, including NRMA Insurance, CGU, SGIO, SGIC, WFI and Swann Insurance.
Click ‘Apply' and start your career conversation with Talent Acquisition!
Make sure to discuss all internal applications with your current manager before applying. Please note, your eligibility for release on secondment opportunities is dependent approval from your current manager.
Should your application proceed to reference check stage, your current manager will be contacted.