Project Manager | VIC Melbourne All
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Claims Platform PM PD.docx (Word, 51KB)
|Application Close Date:||24-May-2018|
#CLOSER #BRAVER #FASTER
As Project Manager you will represent the Claims and Supply Chain Platform component of the delivery within very significant programs of work, ensuring accurate estimates and planning, appropriate team size and timelines for the scope and positively contributing to culture on the platform.
This role is responsible for the continual improvement of Project Management practices within the platform and supports other Project Managers and project team members on the platform to grow skills and capabilities.
- Manage all aspects of assigned project/s, including scope, time, cost, quality, risks, change and communications to deliver against the agreed business case objectives.
- Identify and understand business drivers, project and program interdependencies and reflect in the delivery approach and planning of the work.
- Coordinate resources across the project, managing the interdependencies and overall costs and risks.
- Ensure all project team members understand the program and project objectives, scope and constraints, their role within the program and project and are appropriately involved in the planning process.
- Provide regular status reports and communications on the project/program, impacts and issues to the Platform, Program and/or Sponsor and other Stakeholders. Escalate where required.
- Proactively engage other Managers to enable effective management of inter-dependencies, risks and issues.
- Collaborate with all relevant parties to ensure program issues arising are responded to in the best interests of IAG and manage stakeholder expectations.
- Facilitate any decision-making process where issues are escalated, by the provision of facts, figures and alternatives.
- Anticipate and be responsive to the needs of the business and address challenges in an open and constructive manner.
- Adhere to and support the IAG approved frameworks and methodologies.
Skills & Experience
- 5+ years of demonstrated success as a Project Manager of complex and innovative projects
- Experience in managing these complex projects across multiple applications and technology platforms
- Solid understanding of project management and the inter-relationship of software development lifecycles
- Experience working with partners, in a diverse and often difficult industry
- Proven ability to deliver complex IT solutions independently and as part of a large program of work
- Proven ability to manage large teams (20+) both directly and indirectly
- Experience in matrix management organisations
- Experience in Agile management techniques
- Experience in 3rd party/vendor management
- Experience with offshore development
At IAG, we believe that everyone has a unique point of view to share, shaped by their life experiences, cultures & passions. We celebrate and commit to:
#Proud to be me – we value difference, not sameness
#Together – harnessing our collective wisdom enables us to be our best for our customers & each other
#No boxes – it's not about labels, boxes or categories. It's about building a diverse and inclusive mindset into everything we do
IAG is the largest general insurance group in Australia and New Zealand, with a growing presence in Asia. IAG owns some of the region's most trusted brands, including NRMA Insurance, CGU, SGIO, SGIC, WFI and Swann Insurance.
Start your career journey with us and click ‘Apply'!
In addition to a diverse and inclusive culture, some of our benefits include 13% superannuation, 50% insurance discounts, flexible work and leave options, generous parental leave and return to work program, recognition and reward program, and various corporate partner discounts.
We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply for this position.