Analyst, Business Short Tail Reserving | VIC Melbourne All
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:|| PD Analyst Short Tail Reserving.docx (Word, 51KB)
|Application Close Date:||25-May-2018|
#CLOSER #BRAVER #FASTER
This role sits within Actuarial Reserving of our Group Actuarial division. Group Actuarial is a team made up of risk advisors and predictive scientists, who are predictors of the future for all risks that are faced by IAG. Group Actuarial supports better strategic decisions at IAG by providing insights into the future.
Your key focus will be providing insights and advice for Commercial Lines short tail portfolios through your role within the Actuarial Reserving team. As an Analyst, you will be responsible for claims liabilities modelling and delivering sound actuarial advice to various business stakeholders. This includes performance monitoring, forecasting & budgeting, industry comparisons, working with large datasets and providing recommendations to support balance sheet provisions and reporting of profit for IAG to meet both internal and external requirements to the Group Actuarial purpose.
- Support the Actuarial reserving manager to deliver the required quality outcomes that is timely, and which leverage a strong engagement model with internal stakeholders
- Maintaining reserving infrastructure which includes processes, frameworks and related documentation.
- Contribute to the successful delivery of various blueprints/initiatives within Reserving team
- Contribute to the technical development of other analysts within the team and foster information/knowledge sharing to enable best practice
- Actively participate/promote team activities; role modelling IAG values and disciplines
Skills & Experience
- Experience with traditional reserving techniques for general insurance classes
- Experience in statistical analysis, quantitative analytics, forecasting/predictive analytics, multivariate testing, and optimisation algorithms.
- Insurance industry domain expertise and understanding of legal/regulatory requirements and compliance eg. APRA/ASIC/ATO and State legislation
- Knowledge of financial reporting requirements for publicly listed entities
- Competent communication in order to discuss complex information, analysis and findings to technical, and non-technical audiences
- Experience operating and delivering results in a matrix environment and leveraging relationships to influence and drive outcomes
- Experience of operating within a team to deliver common goals
- Tertiary education in Actuarial or other relevant technical field (e.g. Statistics, Finance, Mathematics, Computer Science, Economics)
- Ideally completed or progressing through Part 1 of the professional actuarial exams
At IAG, we believe that everyone has a unique point of view to share, shaped by their life experiences, cultures & passions. We celebrate and commit to:
#Proud to be me – we value difference, not sameness
#Together – harnessing our collective wisdom enables us to be our best for our customers & each other
#No boxes – it's not about labels, boxes or categories. It's about building a diverse and inclusive mindset into everything we do
IAG is the largest general insurance group in Australia and New Zealand, with a growing presence in Asia. IAG owns some of the region's most trusted brands, including NRMA Insurance, CGU, SGIO, SGIC, WFI and Swann Insurance.
Start your career journey with us and click ‘Apply'!
In addition to a diverse and inclusive culture, some of our benefits include 13% superannuation, 50% insurance discounts, flexible work and leave options, generous parental leave and return to work program, recognition and reward program, and various corporate partner discounts.
We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply for this position.