Team Leader Workers Compensation Claims | ACT
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||06-Jul-2018|
#Closer #Braver #Faster
The role is Team Leader, Workers' Compensation Claims, A.C.T., which leads the A.C.T. Workers' Compensation Claims' team and is accountable for managing the performance of the A.C.T. Workers' Compensation Claims' business.
People-leadership is a primary focus of the role, ensuring the support and development of staff through continuous feedback, coaching and development opportunities, as is managing the team's workflow, productivity, to drive delivery of the highest levels of customer service and claims' outcomes.
The Team Leader builds and develops successful relationships with internal and external customers and stakeholders and provides support to the Executive Manager, Underwritten Workers Compensation, Professional Risks & Liability in order to assist the Business Unit to meet its targets and contribute to the achievement of our broader business and divisional objectives and profitability.
- Ensure all facets of people leadership and management are undertaken on a daily basis.
- Monitor and continually drive improvement of team performance through a data-driven, people-engagement approach.
- Develop and maintain customer relationships and ensure delivery by the team of market-leading customer service, including the promotion of CGU claim strategies, whilst also considering the broader interests of other Business Units within the division.
- Regularly participate in client/broker claim reviews and functions as required and ensure that customer service standards are met and any issues resolved quickly and constructively.
- Report on the financial metrics in relation to the team's portfolio, activities and performance and provide tactical and strategic insights and recommendations for action and or improvement.
- Have accountability for financial management of the team to budget, and costs incurred by the Team.
These are the skills and experience we're looking for
- 10+ years' experience in managing teams.
- Exceptional people-leadership interest and skills.
- Ability to analyse and interpret legislation and policy.
- Ability to liaise and develop strong and supportive working relationships with internal and external stakeholders and providers.
- Completion of Year 12 TEE or equivalent Insurance-based studies.
At IAG, we believe that everyone has a unique point of view to share, shaped by their life experiences, cultures & passions. We celebrate and commit to:
#Proud to be me – we value difference, not sameness
#Together – harnessing our collective wisdom enables us to be our best for our customers & each other
#No boxes – it's not about labels, boxes or categories. It's about building a diverse and inclusive mindset into everything we do
IAG is the largest general insurance group in Australia and New Zealand. IAG owns some of the region's most trusted brands, including NRMA Insurance, CGU, SGIO, SGIC, WFI and Swann Insurance.
Start your career journey with us and click ‘Apply'!