Legal & Claims Manager - Professional Indemnity | VIC Melbourne Inner
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||14-Jun-2018|
#Closer #Braver #Faster
To manage a portfolio of Professional Risk Indemnity claims, providing a full legal defence and/or resolution on all claims. Ensuring an optimum and efficient service is provided to customers while negotiating resolution or managing litigation to verdict at trial.
- Providing clear instructions and guidelines on litigated claims to legal practitioners to achieve the most effective claims outcome. For non-litigated claims, negotiate with the claimants to ensure an appropriate outcome.
- Administering claims including cheque processing, auditing and reviews in accordance with the requirements set out in the claims manual.
- Setting reserves for each claim and notification which reflects the most probable financial outcome of the claim, inclusive of claims handling expenses.
- Delivering exceptional customer service to CGU customers through efficient and customer centric service, ensuring that the full protection provided by the policy is given to the insured.
Skills & Experience
- Tertiary qualifications Law (preferred)
- Prior experience in Professional Indemnity claims management
- General Insurance knowledge and understanding of the current market
- The ability to work collaboratively across all levels of the organisation
At IAG, we believe that everyone has a unique point of view to share, shaped by their life experiences, cultures & passions. We celebrate and commit to:
- #Proud to be me – we value difference, not sameness
- #Together – harnessing our collective wisdom enables us to be our best for our customers & each other
- #No boxes – it's not about labels, boxes or categories. It's about building a diverse and inclusive mindset into everything we do
IAG is the largest general insurance group in Australia and New Zealand. IAG owns some of the region's most trusted brands, including NRMA Insurance, CGU, SGIO, SGIC, WFI and Swann Insurance.
Start your career journey with us and click ‘Apply'!
In addition to a diverse and inclusive culture, some of our benefits include 13% superannuation, 50% insurance discounts, flexible work and leave options, generous parental leave and return to work program, recognition and reward program, and various corporate partner discounts.
We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply for this position.