Assistant Underwriter | NSW Sydney Inner
|Position Type:||Fixed Term Contract|
|Attachments:|| Assistant Underwriter PD.DOCX (Word, 50KB)
|Application Close Date:||31-May-2018|
Starting as soon as possible we have the opportunity for an Assistant Underwriter to join IAL as a part of our Customer Development team on a 6 month fixed term contract. As a part of our team you will provide a professional and efficient service by taking on all aspects of client underwriting. This role would suit someone who is looking to take the next step in their insurance career, either from an insurance call centre or claims background, or maybe a current assistant underwriter looking for a new challenge in an exciting start up business.
IAL started business as a division of the Berkshire Hathaway group of Insurance companies, and provides personal lines insurance products to the Australian market via brokers. The business transferred to IAG as part of the strategic relationship between IAG and Berkshire Hathaway in June 2015. It is a standalone business unit within the IAG. It has a large degree of autonomy and fosters an entrepreneurial and empowering culture.
- Provide outstanding customer service while ensuring service level agreements are met for phone, email and web based enquiries
- Accurate and timely management of new business, cancellations, endorsements, and policy account reconciliation tasks
- Underwrite insurance risks in area of responsibility, adhering to underwriting guidelines and standards whilst applying underwriting strategy with respect to target markets
- Collaborate and engage with the team to develop and assist in other projects and with other business areas
- Develop a broader knowledge of Personal Lines Insurance and the business to understand current and future direction including a whole of company view
Skills & Experience
- A positive attitude and proactive work manner
- Demonstrated ability to show professionalism towards customers, brokers and the team
- Strong interpersonal and organisation skills with keen attention to detail
- The ability to problem solve effectively and independently
- You will need to have sound computer literacy which includes the ability to pick up new information quickly and manage multiple programs at once
- 1 to 2 years' experience minimum in underwriting and understanding of insurance and risk
At IAG, we believe that everyone has a unique point of view to share, shaped by their life experiences, cultures & passions. We celebrate and commit to:
- #Proud to be me – we value difference, not sameness
- #Together – harnessing our collective wisdom enables us to be our best for our customers & each other
- #No boxes – it's not about labels, boxes or categories. It's about building a diverse and inclusive mindset into everything we do
IAG is the largest general insurance group in Australia and New Zealand. IAG owns some of the region's most trusted brands, including NRMA Insurance, CGU, SGIO, SGIC, WFI and Swann Insurance.
Start your career journey and join an inclusive culture that celebrates YOU! We offer 13% superannuation, flexible work and leave options. To find out more, click Apply.
We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply for this position.