Motor Assessor | VIC Melbourne East
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||04-May-2018|
#Closer #Braver #Faster
About the Role
We're currently seeking a number of ambitious, eager and decisive individuals to join our Motor Assessing team. Our focus is to provide you with exceptional training to become an industry leading Motor Assessor while supporting your growth and career development. Customers are at the forefront of our business, therefore we pride ourselves on the level of service and quality we provide, we would expect you share our passion. These roles are initially based in Mulgrave, Essendon Fields or Tullamarine, however we appreciate the importance of a work-life balance and offer numerous benefits including flexible working hours, work from home opportunities and rostered days off.
Using your trade experience, you will assess vehicle damage while building relationships with customers, colleagues and repairers. We will give you the tools to become the face of one of Australia's leading insurance organisations.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholder
- Involvement in team goals and contribution to departmental development
- Research, investigate and analyse damaged vehicles, while identifying inconsistent damage
- Negotiate settlements between insurer repairer, customers and other third parties
- Evaluate quotations, re-calculate quotes and arrange for comparison quotes
- Monitor repair work for quality control to ensure it is meeting industry standards
Skills & Experience
- Ability and willingness to learn while developing your key attributes
- Time management, negotiation and decision-making skills essential
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- A strong technical experience in the motor vehicle repair industry – Panel Beating or Spray Painting qualifications essential
- Previous quoting or assessing experience within the smash repair industry or assessing space would be an advantage
- Competent at using IT systems essential
- Current valid driving licence
At IAG, we believe that everyone has a unique point of view to share, shaped by their life experiences, cultures & passions. We celebrate and commit to:
- #Proud to be me – we value difference, not sameness
- #Together – harnessing our collective wisdom enables us to be our best for our customers & each other
- #No boxes – it's not about labels, boxes or categories. It's about building a diverse and inclusive mindset into everything we do
IAG is the largest general insurance group in Australia and New Zealand. IAG owns some of the region's most trusted brands, including NRMA Insurance, CGU, SGIO, SGIC, WFI and Swann Insurance.
Start your career journey with us and click ‘Apply'!
In addition to a diverse and inclusive culture, some of our benefits include 13% superannuation, 50% insurance discounts, flexible work and leave options, generous parental leave and return to work program, recognition and reward program, and various corporate partner discounts.
We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply for this position.