Manager, Program Delivery | NSW Sydney All
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Manager, Program Delivery.docx (Word, 55KB)
|Application Close Date:||24-Apr-2018|
#CLOSER #BRAVER #FASTER
This is a Senior Program Delivery role within our Australian Operations Division. The purpose of the role and your unique contribution is to build and lead a pool of Project Delivery resources, and to ensure the effective leadership and delivery of a multi-disciplined program change portfolio involving multi-year, multi-stream programs impacting across business functions, technology divisions, customer journey and product, brand and service lines.
- Develop the program strategy and shape of projects and workstreams underpinning it which will implement the strategy and associated return on investment
- Create structured and aligned Program Roadmaps; driving optimal sequence and integration of projects and workstreams
- Set up delivery structures and lead multi-disciplinary teams (internal & external) across business and technology divisions and functions
- Line management of program delivery resources
- Anticipate, identify and manage program risks, issues, and dependencies (operational and project)
- Enlist senior internal and external stakeholders (up to CXO and EGM level) across business and technology; ensure sponsorship, understanding, and active contribution to program progress
- Manage overall Program budgets, ensuring effective utilisation of funds to maximise program outcomes
- Perform vendor selection, contract negotiations, generate statement of works, and manage vendors against performance targets
- Perform Governance through adherence to Divisional and Group policies
Skills & Experience
- Over 10+ years of experience leading large scale, multi-dimensional, multi-year, complex and high-profile Programs with Annual spend in excess of $25m, or delivery of large Portfolios with budget over $50m annual spend
- Project delivery experience across diverse range of domains including business transformation, application development and cultural change
- Prior experience delivering digital capability uplift programs, CRM systems, or Omni-Channel capability would be highly regarded
- Proven ability to shape & deliver complex solutions across products, channels, value chain, business and technology
- Strong background in Program cost management, budgeting and forecasting
- Ability to manage and engage senior executive level stakeholders
- Experience with vendor management and other external stakeholder groups
- Deep knowledge and understanding of program management tools and methodologies (including Agile and Waterfall methodologies)
- Exposure to Financial Service Industry (preferably in General Insurance)
At IAG, we believe that everyone has a unique point of view to share, shaped by their life experiences, cultures & passions. We celebrate and commit to:
#Proud to be me – we value difference, not sameness
#Together – harnessing our collective wisdom enables us to be our best for our customers & each other
#No boxes – it's not about labels, boxes or categories. It's about building a diverse and inclusive mindset into everything we do
IAG is the largest general insurance group in Australia and New Zealand, with a growing presence in Asia. IAG owns some of the region's most trusted brands, including NRMA Insurance, CGU, SGIO, SGIC, WFI and Swann Insurance.
Start your career journey with us and click ‘Apply'!
In addition to a diverse and inclusive culture, some of our benefits include 13% superannuation, 50% insurance discounts, flexible work and leave options, generous parental leave and return to work program, recognition and reward program, and various corporate partner discounts.
We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply for this position.