Technical Specialist, Configuration Management | VIC Melbourne All
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Technical Specialist_Configuration Management.docx (Word, 58KB)
|Application Close Date:||31-May-2018|
#CLOSER #BRAVER #FASTER
As Technical Specialist, Configuration Management you would be responsible for the technical execution of the Configuration Management process at IAG. This includes management of the Configuration management database (CMDB), maintenance of the environment discovery systems, and managing the continuous improvement cycle. The role would be based at our office in Burwood.
You would act as the primary point of contact between the IAG partner resources, Application owners and other Infrastructure teams to ensure the Configuration Management process and system provides an end to end view of our technology services.
- Act as primary point of contact for the configuration management process and any Configuration Management issues.
- Day-to-day execution of the Configuration Management process
- Plan and manage population of Configuration Management system, including discovery and other data import methods (ServiceNow preferred)
- Drives the sub process of identification, control, validation and accounting for configuration Items
- Ensuring the maintenance of configuration management system technologies are performing and discovering in scope infrastructure
- Modifying and adapting the discovery technologies as the environment changes
- Developing and working with API's, SQL queries and custom web reporting
- Supporting the design and development of requirements for the CMDB with automated processes for gathering and populating CMDB data.
- Work close with customers, architecture and IAG Partners to assist in the design and development of solutions
- Governance of adherence to Configuration Management process and IAG Group policies
- Develop strong relationships with cross functional teams and business stakeholders
- Ensure business users can effectively utilise to the Configuration Management process
- Identify opportunities for improvement in relation to tools, staff, training, procedures and work instructions.
- Meet CTO's risk, audit and reporting commitments
Skills & Experience
- Proven experience within Information technology related field
- Experience building and leading a high performing team in a multi sourced environment
- Experience integrating internal and external data sources to a centralised service management tool, including CMDB design and enhancement (ServiceNow preferred)
- Experience configuring and enhancing configuration item/s and tools in a multi-platform environment.
- ‘CCNA' level of networking knowledge to include routing protocols, TCP/UDP transmission, IP transit diagnosis, sub-netting and implement advanced troubleshooting including the ability to gather and analyze IP packet level data (SNMP)
- Professional qualification(s) in ITIL and experience working with in an ITIL environment
- Confidence and ability to engage with stakeholders at all levels.
- Degree or tertiary qualification in Computer Science or Information Systems.
At IAG, we believe that everyone has a unique point of view to share, shaped by their life experiences, cultures & passions. We celebrate and commit to:
#Proud to be me – we value difference, not sameness
#Together – harnessing our collective wisdom enables us to be our best for our customers & each other
#No boxes – it's not about labels, boxes or categories. It's about building a diverse and inclusive mindset into everything we do
IAG is the largest general insurance group in Australia and New Zealand, with a growing presence in Asia. IAG owns some of the region's most trusted brands, including NRMA Insurance, CGU, SGIO, SGIC, WFI and Swann Insurance.
Start your career journey with us and click ‘Apply'!
In addition to a diverse and inclusive culture, some of our benefits include 13% superannuation, 50% insurance discounts, flexible work and leave options, generous parental leave and return to work program, recognition and reward program, and various corporate partner discounts.
We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply for this position.