Senior Underwriter, National Corporate Accounts | National
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:|| PD_Senior Underwriter - National Corporate Accounts.docx (Word, 57KB)
|Application Close Date:||06-May-2018|
#Closer #Braver #Faster
The Role (Sydney or Melbourne based)
The position is responsible for partnering with other internal partners to ensure a whole of account/multiline approach is delivered to customers (brokers, agents, clients and consultants) in order to achieve proft, growth and retention targets. You will assist the Client Relationship team to develop and build relationships with our brokers, agents, client and consultants.
- Primarily accountable for the underwriting of new and renewal Workers Compensation business while operating within specific risk acceptance authorities and underwriting guidelines.
- Accountable for the delivery of high level customer service including consultation with and responding to customers in a timely manner.
- Processing of all underwriting correspondence in an accurate and timely manner.
- Support Credit Services in the collection of outstanding premium.
- Ensure that all legislative regulations and guidelines are followed to ensure compliance with underwriting guidelines.
Skills & Experience
- A minimum of 5 years experience in insurance; and or underwriting experience.
- Ability to underwrite and process a portfolio of workers compensation business.
- A minimum of 3 years customer service experience.
- Ability to identify customer requirements and understand their needs and values.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a range of people and operate as part of a team.
- Knowledge of State Workers Compensation Insurance and how it operates.
At IAG, we believe that everyone has a unique point of view to share, shaped by their life experiences, cultures & passions. We celebrate and commit to:
#Proud to be me – we value difference, not sameness
#Together – harnessing our collective wisdom enables us to be our best for our customers & each other
#No boxes – it's not about labels, boxes or categories. It's about building a diverse and inclusive mindset into everything we do
IAG is the largest general insurance group in Australia and New Zealand. IAG owns some of the region's most trusted brands, including NRMA Insurance, CGU, SGIO, SGIC, WFI and Swann Insurance.
Start your career journey with us and click ‘Apply'!
In addition to a diverse and inclusive culture, some of our benefits include 13% superannuation, 50% insurance discounts, flexible work and leave options, generous parental leave and return to work program, recognition and reward program, and various corporate partner discounts.
We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply for this position