Injury Management Adviser | Northern Territory
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Injury Management Advisor NT.docx (Word, 49KB)
|Application Close Date:||27-Apr-2018|
#Closer #Braver #Faster
The Injury Management Adviser (IMA) provides specialist support to the claims business unit to ensure best practice medical and injury management pathways for injured workers. The IMA is responsible for overseeing a claims team with respect to the medical and injury management strategies on high risk claims. The IMA also responsible for training and mentoring team members, facilitating injury management training for employers, and managing relationships with medical and allied stakeholders.
- Oversee claims team to ensure injury management strategies align with legislative requirement and best practice principles
- Provide specialist support to case managers regarding liability and treatment funding decisions
- Collaborate with case manager and technical advisor to develop strategies for complex claims.
- Engage external stakeholders to ensure appropriate medical and injury management intervention is provided to workers. Includes liaison with medical practitioners, allied health providers, employers, and workplace rehabilitation providers
- Monitor and actively review medical, allied health, and rehabilitation services.
- Manage the WRP preferred provider panel.
Skills & Experience
- Tertiary qualifications in relevant health discipline e.g. physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy (OT), nursing.
- Minimum of 2 years work experience in a related allied health discipline
- Demonstrated ability work with a multidisciplinary team
- 1-2 years of workplace rehabilitation/ injury management experience
- Previous experience with workers' compensation injuries
- Presentation skills
- Coaching and mentoring skills
At IAG, we believe that everyone has a unique point of view to share, shaped by their life experiences, cultures & passions. We celebrate and commit to:
#Proud to be me – we value difference, not sameness
#Together – harnessing our collective wisdom enables us to be our best for our customers & each other
#No boxes – it's not about labels, boxes or categories. It's about building a diverse and inclusive mindset into everything we do
IAG is the largest general insurance group in Australia and New Zealand. IAG owns some of the region's most trusted brands, including NRMA Insurance, CGU, SGIO, SGIC, WFI and Swann Insurance.
Start your career journey with us and click ‘Apply'!
In addition to a diverse and inclusive culture, some of our benefits include 13% superannuation, 50% insurance discounts, flexible work and leave options, generous parental leave and return to work program, recognition and reward program, and various corporate partner discounts.
We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply for this position