Motor Assessor | VIC Melbourne North
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||08-Apr-2018|
#Closer #Braver #Faster
About the Role
We currently have a fantastic opportunity available within the assessing department. This role will see you use your technical expertise to assess motor vehicles to ensure a fair and reasonable outcome for all relevant stakeholders involved. If you want to get out of the workshop and into an office environment, then bring your energy and knowledge of dealing with customers and apply right away.
Your key focus in the role will be to assess motor vehicles claims, inspecting damage using your trade experience to determine repair costs as fair and reasonable, correct method of repair established, negotiating total loss settlements. Customer service and people interaction are a large part of this role. As such, it's important that you're a team player with a personable communication style, and the confidence to act as a negotiator and problem solver for issues between IAG, our customers and repairers.
- Research, investigate and analyse damaged vechicles, while identifying inconsistent damage
- Recommend repair cost and methods
- Negotiate settlements between insurer repairer, customers and other third parties
- Evaluate quotations and re-calculate quotes or call for comparrison qoutes
- Monitor repair work for quality control to ensure it is meeting indusrty standards
Skills & Experience
- Demonstrate strong technical experience in the motor vehicle repair industry
- Previous quoting or assessing experience within the smash repair industry would be an advantage
- Experience working as a motor assessor or working in the Motor Vehicle Repair Industry
- Possess relevant motor vehicle trade qualification
- Excellent customer focus, negotiation and communication skills
- Ability to perform collectively with peers in a team environment
- You will have strong fraud detection, decision-making and conflict management skills
- Current valid driving licence
At IAG, we believe that everyone has a unique point of view to share, shaped by their life experiences, cultures & passions. We celebrate and commit to:
#Proud to be me – we value difference, not sameness
#Together – harnessing our collective wisdom enables us to be our best for our customers & each other
#No boxes – it's not about labels, boxes or categories. It's about building a diverse and inclusive mindset into everything we do
IAG is the largest general insurance group in Australia and New Zealand. IAG owns some of the region's most trusted brands, including NRMA Insurance, CGU, SGIO, SGIC, WFI and Swann Insurance.
Start your career journey and join an inclusive culture that celebrates YOU!
We offer 13% superannuation, flexible work and leave options. To find out more, click Apply.
We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply for this position.