Actuarial/Analytics Graduate 2019 | National
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||02-Apr-2018|
#CLOSER #BRAVER #FASTER
The Analytics stream provides IAG with data science services including data driven insight and thought leadership, leveraging the Group's vast bank of customer-centric information and turning it into value-adding business decisions.
You will use your formal training to contribute to the Group's Australian, New Zealand and other international operations. During your rotations, you may work in a variety of distinct functions, including:
- Group Actuarial: acting as an internal consultancy supporting the Chief Actuary, Executive and Senior Business leaders across the Group in understanding and managing the Group's consolidated risk and providing pragmatic advice on maximising enterprise value;
- Advanced Analytics: providing predictive modelling, machine learning, personalisation and optimisation services and actively investigating opportunities across the Group to drive customer led, data driven decision making;
- Technical Pricing: keeping IAG's insurance businesses at the forefront of insurance pricing to ensure ongoing strong financial performance;
- Reserving: determining provisions in respect of both outstanding claims and premium liabilities, as well as providing insight and advice on emerging trends in claims.
At IAG you will be exposed to a supportive environment that encourages the development of its people. Beyond IAG's leading approach to culture, flexibility and work-life balance, graduates participate in a career development program, complete with engaging buddy and mentor initiatives. There is also generous study support which includes leave, fee payment and organised study groups.
Here's who we are looking for
We are looking for high performing graduates in Sydney & Melbourne with the following skills and attributes:
- Mathematics, Actuarial, Data Science or other analytical degree
- Welcomes challenges and embraces opportunity
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strives for continued learning and development
- Innovative; think outside the box mentality
- Confident verbal and written communication skills; turning complexity into simple advice
- Well-rounded person
At IAG, we believe that everyone has a unique point of view to share, shaped by their life experiences, cultures & passions. We celebrate and commit to:
#Proud to be me – we value difference, not sameness
#Together – harnessing our collective wisdom enables us to be our best for our customers & each other
#No boxes – it's not about labels, boxes or categories. It's about building a diverse and inclusive mindset into everything we do
IAG is the largest general insurance group in Australia and New Zealand. IAG owns some of the region's most trusted brands, including NRMA Insurance, CGU, SGIO, SGIC, WFI and Swann Insurance.
To be eligible for the IAG Graduate Program you must have:
- Australian permanent residency or Australian or New Zealand citizenship.
- Degree qualification or higher within the past 3 years (2016, 2017, 2018).
- Applicants must have a credit average (65%) or higher.
Start your career journey with us and click ‘Apply'!
In addition to a diverse and inclusive culture, some of our benefits include 13% superannuation, 50% insurance discounts, flexible work and leave options, generous parental leave and return to work program, recognition and reward program, and various corporate partner discounts.
We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply for this position.