Productivity Specialist (Black Belt) | NSW Sydney Inner
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:|| PD - Productivity Speciast Sydney.pdf (PDF, 99KB)
|Application Close Date:||28-Feb-2018|
#CLOSER #BRAVER #FASTER
You will be responsible for leading and driving Lean thinking and problem solving within IAG. The intent of the role is to increase internal capability for continuous improvement and uplift productivity to help increase customer experience, improve employee engagement and reduce total controllable costs. You will coach, mentor and engage key stakeholders at all levels to ensure cross functional excellence and delivery of tangible business benefits. You will be able to work independently and consult with business leaders to formulate and define creative and sustainable solutions using rigorous methodologies such as Lean Six Sigma and Human Centred Design.
Please note this role can be based in either Melbourne or Sydney.
- Coach and embed Continuous Improvement as a critical part of the Operational Partnering Excellence (OPE) Framework and aligned with Leading@IAG.
- Establish coaching and capability productivity programs for senior leaders to establish a companywide continuous improvement framework and culture.
- Deliver external expertise to IAG via the application of Lean Six Sigma approaches in support of increased customer value and the medium-to-long-term cost out objectives.
- Undertake horizon scanning for productivity trends that could positively impact IAG and facilitate their potential introduction.
- Establish effective working relationships with project sponsors, business management and all levels of staff to enable effective implementation and sustainability of productivity initiatives.
- Work collaboratively with the wider Productivity team to assist with meeting broader IAG productivity goals and solve problems, supported by observation and measurement that reflect customer value.
- Measure what matters to customers to lock in improvements that align to business goals.
- Share knowledge and business insights with peers across the company.
- Develop an environment of continual learning that delivers customer value.
- Coach all levels of leadership on how to deliver greater customer value through utilising and enhancing the company's continuous improvement capability.
- Assist the business with uplifting continuous improvement capability within their areas – specifically relating to the production and delivery of productivity roadmaps.
- Be seen as a role model of Continuous Improvement skills, principles and techniques to drive outcomes.
- Build support for, and belief in the value of Continuous Improvement thinking in our people.
- Develop all supporting training materials (including quick reference guides, checklists, etc to ensure successful implementation and adoption of improvement initiatives) and facilitate training as required.
Skills & Experience
- Strong teaching, coaching and workshop facilitation capability.
- Experience in a consultancy role with internal stakeholders will be highly regarded.
- Strong effective and efficient problem-solving skills. Lean Six Sigma experience or qualifications will be highly regarded.
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal, including an ability to produce clear and concise documents and presentations.
- Certified Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt or Black Belt with a reputable body that required application of methodology on 1 significant project.
- At least 5 years' experience in business/process improvement in Lean Six Sigma projects that delivered tangible financial benefits greater than $20k.
- Proven experience in influencing, leading and managing process improvement.
- Emotional maturity, highly self-motivated, enthusiastic, resilient, proactive & goal orientated.
- Experience driving continuous improvement culture and acting as a change agent within an organisation by leading others.
- Passion for making a difference in people's lives through creating great customer journeys
Start your career journey and join an inclusive culture that celebrates YOU!
We offer 13% superannuation, flexible work and leave options. To find out more, click Apply.
We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply for this position.