Senior Underwriter - Professional Risks | NSW Sydney Inner
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||26-Feb-2018|
#CLOSER #BRAVER #FASTER
- Corporate & Specialty Lines
- Sydney CBD location
Be a part of a high performing team where you will underwrite professional risks, including those of a large and complex nature, within authority and negotiate individual terms for individual accounts so that a balanced and profitable portfolio of Professional Indemnity and Directors & Officers risks is achieved.
- Providing technical underwriting, referral management, portfolio analysis, support and guidance across the PRI specialist portfolio area.
- Reporting to the Northern Region Manager, Professional Risks, you will also be responsible for identifying long term strategic opportunities that will support the delivery of national initiatives for PRI products.
- Providing technical underwriting guidance and direction on the PRI portfolio to Sales and Service staff as well as Intermediaries. This includes case underwriting and acceptance of larger accounts and managing referrals on a full range of acceptance, pricing and technical issues relating to the PRI portfolio (within delegated authority levels).
- Support the development and technical uplift of the Relationship Management teams and other Underwriting staff as required.
- Ensuring high quality underwriting of complex/large risks and thereby achieve profitable results.
- Evaluation of standard PI & D&O risks requires skills. However, underwriting complex and large risks requires above average underwriting knowledge and experience. This could be underwriting large corporate accounts or D&O underwriting of publicly listed companies. It involves analysis of professional duties, financial statements and research of company portfolios on the web.
- Senior Underwriters may also be engaged in discussion with Re-insurers and Senior Managers within the business unit on terms for complex or large risks. They are required to ensure that sound underwriting practices are applied, accepted risks are within authority and risks are correctly rated and exposure limits are adhered to.
Skills & Experience
- An insurance qualification, e.g. ANZIF Cert IV, and/or Tertiary degree (Preferred)
- Fellowship or Graduate Diploma of ANZIIF (preferred)
- Solid experience in PI & D&O Underwriting (essential)
- Demonstrated track record of achieving results (essential)
At IAG, we believe that everyone has a unique point of view to share, shaped by their life experiences, cultures & passions. We celebrate and commit to:
#Proud to be me – we value difference, not sameness
#Together – harnessing our collective wisdom enables us to be our best for our customers & each other
#No boxes – it's not about labels, boxes or categories. It's about building a diverse and inclusive mindset into everything we do
IAG is the largest general insurance group in Australia and New Zealand. IAG owns some of the region's most trusted brands, including NRMA Insurance, CGU, SGIO, SGIC, WFI and Swann Insurance.
Start your career journey with us and click ‘Apply'!
In addition to a diverse and inclusive culture, some of our benefits include 13% superannuation, 50% insurance discounts, flexible work and leave options, generous parental leave and return to work program, recognition and reward program, and various corporate partner discounts.
We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply for this position