Business Analyst | VIC Melbourne All
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:|| PD - Business Analyst - Data Practices.docx (Word, 53KB)
|Application Close Date:||23-Feb-2018|
#CLOSER #BRAVER #FASTER
This is a role within our Customer Labs division that focuses on delivering customer centric data driven initiatives in an agile manner. As a business analyst, you will engage regularly with business stakeholders utilising your exposure to multiple data sources to create robust, extensible and maintainable solutions to support data driven decision making.
- Support the business and management with clear and insightful analyses on the data
- Develop new insights from the available data
- Ensure data is available, reliable, consistent, accessible, secure and timely to support the mission and activities of the organization.
- Work in an Agile, Lean way to ensure we focus on work that pragmatically delivers the most value
- Adherence to the data quality, Data Privacy & Ethics Management Policy, Framework and Standards in conjunction with the Customer team in Customer Labs
- Understand the critical data issues in terms of business impact/risk/opportunity and drive data policy enforcement and compliance.
Skills & Experience
- Proven experience over 3 years as a Business Analyst
- Strong knowledge in SAS and SQL
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to explain complex finding to business stakeholders in plain language
- Understanding of Data privacy and security
- Knowledge of statistical languages such as R and Python would be highly regarded.
- Ability to work with intelligence platform such as Tableau
- Knowledge of Hadoop and Map Reduce would be beneficial
- Analytical mindset and passion for problem solving
- Self-managed and proactive personality
- Exposure to agile environment would be desirable
At IAG, we believe that everyone has a unique point of view to share, shaped by their life experiences, cultures & passions. We celebrate and commit to:
#Proud to be me – we value difference, not sameness
#Together – harnessing our collective wisdom enables us to be our best for our customers & each other
#No boxes – it's not about labels, boxes or categories. It's about building a diverse and inclusive mindset into everything we do
IAG is the largest general insurance group in Australia and New Zealand, with a growing presence in Asia. IAG owns some of the region's most trusted brands, including NRMA Insurance, CGU, SGIO, SGIC, WFI and Swann Insurance.
Start your career journey with us and click ‘Apply'!
In addition to a diverse and inclusive culture, some of our benefits include 13% superannuation, 50% insurance discounts, flexible work and leave options, generous parental leave and return to work program, recognition and reward program, and various corporate partner discounts.
We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply for this position.