Finance Analyst | NSW Sydney Inner
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||08-Mar-2018|
As a key member of the IAG's Corporate Finance - Enterprise Valuations team, your role involves performing internal and external enterprise valuations to support Mergers and Acquisitions activities, Board reporting and statutory requirements. This role also involves in the valuation/financial analysis to support strategy development and strategic initiatives within Corporate and various Business Divisions (Australia, New Zealand and Asia).
This role would suit candidate with an analytical or mathematic discipline (eg, Actuarial studies, Finance, Statistics, Commerce, Accounting, Business, Economic) and an interest in valuations, mergers and acquisitions. A strong knowledge of financial services is essential to be considered for this role, and some exposure to projects is preferred.
- Perform internal valuations and performance measurement of existing business
- Perform financial modelling, analysis and due diligence support of any potential corporate development activities (Merger, acquisition and divestment)
- Undertake special projects in relation to providing financial analysis & advice to support Corporate and Divisional Requirements (transformational and strategic initiatives)
- Provide valuation and financial analysis support to key stakeholders across the Group to flesh out ideas and potential opportunities (e.g. changes in strategy, investment in start-up/Fintech and new product/market developments)
- Manage key stakeholder relationships (Group Strategy, divisional business managers and external financial advisors)
- Conduct research and continuous improvement on the valuation framework
Key skills and Experience
- 2-5 years of financial services industry experience in areas such as Actuarial, Pricing & Underwriting, Finance with a strong understanding of growth and profitability drivers
- Strong analytical/quantitative skills in interpreting financial information and ability to communicate outputs in written and verbal form
- Advance level of MS Excel modelling skills
- Strong business/commercial acumen
- Demonstrated capability to build and maintain relationships with stakeholders.
At IAG, we believe that everyone has a unique point of view to share, shaped by their life experiences, cultures & passions. We celebrate and commit to:
- #Proud to be me – we value difference, not sameness
- #Together – harnessing our collective wisdom enables us to be our best for our customers & each other
- #No boxes – it's not about labels, boxes or categories. It's about building a diverse and inclusive mindset into everything we do
IAG is the largest general insurance group in Australia and New Zealand. IAG owns some of the region's most trusted brands, including NRMA Insurance, CGU, SGIO, SGIC, WFI and Swann Insurance.
Start your career journey with us and click ‘Apply'!
In addition to a diverse and inclusive culture, some of our benefits include 13% superannuation, 50% insurance discounts, flexible work and leave options, generous parental leave and return to work program, recognition and reward program, and various corporate partner discounts.
We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply for this position.