Commercial/Rural Claims Consultant - 12 Month Contract | QLD Brisbane All
|Position Type:||Fixed Term Contract|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||02-Mar-2018|
We currently have a 12 month contract opportunity for a Claims Consultant to join our commercial and rural property claims team located in Brisbane. In this position you will be responsible for managing your own portfolio of property claims from end-to-end ensuring timely and fair processing as per terms and conditions of the relevant policy and in accordance with the internal procedures for claims handling and the General Insurance Code of Practice.
- Proactive management of property claims in an efficient, fair and timely manner
- Apply knowledge of relevant legislation, guidelines, regulations and internal policy and procedures to manage the major steps of the claims lifecycle
- Maintain and support relationships with customers including, internal and external providers
- Identify potential fraud and maintain claims leakage through correct application of policy wording
- Identifying where there are prospects for recoveries at a very early stage and updating RCL and the Recovery Officer immediately
These are the skills and experience we're looking for
- Strong analytical, negotiation and problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication; as well as exceptional customer service
- The capacity to efficiently manage your time and multitask
- Proven negotiations and relationship skills
At IAG, we believe that everyone has a unique point of view to share, shaped by their life experiences, cultures & passions. We celebrate and commit to:
#Proud to be me - we value difference, not sameness
#Together - harnessing our collective wisdom enables us to be our best for our customers & each other
#No boxes - it's not about labels, boxes or categories. It's about building a diverse and inclusive mindset into everything we do
IAG is the largest general insurance group in Australia and New Zealand, with a growing presence in Asia. IAG owns some of the region's most trusted brands, including NRMA Insurance, CGU, SGIO, SGIC, WFI and Swann Insurance.
Start your career journey with us and click ‘Apply'!
In addition to a diverse and inclusive culture, some of our benefits include 13% superannuation, 50% insurance discounts, flexible work and leave options, generous parental leave and return to work program, recognition and reward program, and various corporate partner discounts.
We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply for this position.