Data Scientist | NSW Sydney All
|Category:||Actuarial and Statistical|
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Data Scientist.pdf (PDF, 61KB)
|Application Close Date:||01-Mar-2018|
#CLOSER #BRAVER #FASTER
As a Data Scientist, you will be a key member of our Customer Labs Analytics function which will have you working across a broad range of analytics projects that will unlock immediate value for IAG. Types of projects you may be involved in could include, depending on your skills and preferences:
- Design in-market experiments to measure impacts of pricing and direct/digital marketing campaigns
- Collaborate with Marketing colleagues to instill predictive analytics into our marketing function
- In-market experiments around pricing and direct/digital marketing
- Longitudinal studies of customer experience and behavior
- Risk cost modelling using both traditional and modern techniques across a range of products
- Determination of optimal commercial rates
- Fraud analytics
- Development of an increasingly detailed understanding of the impact of natural perils
- Evaluation of a wide range of initiatives to improve efficiency of internal operations.
As part of your role you will actively help to educate the wider team to spread your knowledge and expertise. This will involve:
- Guiding project members in their work, particularly where new techniques are being adopted
- Peer reviewing work to ensure it is of suitable quality, working with colleagues to ensure continuous improvement
- Coaching and mentoring more junior colleagues to ensure their ongoing technical and leadership development
This role offers you a great opportunity to work within a close-knit team and the flexibility to work on a range of projects where you can apply new, innovative and creative solutions to a range of business problems. In addition, you will have the opportunity to join our internal Mentoring Program where you can work with a more experienced member of the Analytics team to work towards your development goals, or support, coach and mentor more junior colleagues. Access to study groups, online training and a generous study assistance package is also available to you.
Keys Skills and Experience Required
- Advanced programming and statistical modelling ability (including extensive use of modelling software such as SAS or R).
- Experience using machine learning algorithms.
- Degree in Statistics, Actuarial Science, Finance, Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, Economics or other relevant technical fields; Master's Degree or PhD preferred (though relevant experience can substitute)
- Advanced experience of statistical analysis, quantitative analytics, forecasting/predictive analytics, multivariate testing, and optimization algorithms.
- Advanced knowledge of analytics and data processing technologies and architectures.
- Experience in analysing large volumes of unstructured data
- Experience in building analytics applications for deployment in real or near real time
- An ability to coach, mentor and develop junior colleagues to ensure their ongoing technical and leadership development is preferred, though not essential.
At IAG, we believe that everyone has a unique point of view to share, shaped by their life experiences, cultures & passions. We celebrate and commit to:
#Proud to be me - we value difference, not sameness
#Together - harnessing our collective wisdom enables us to be our best for our customers & each other
#No boxes - it's not about labels, boxes or categories. It's about building a diverse and inclusive mindset into everything we do
IAG is the largest general insurance group in Australia and New Zealand. IAG owns some of the region's most trusted brands, including NRMA Insurance, CGU, SGIO, SGIC, WFI and Swann Insurance.
Start your career journey with us and click ‘Apply'!
In addition to a diverse and inclusive culture, some of our benefits include 13% superannuation, 50% insurance discounts, flexible work and leave options, generous parental leave and return to work program, recognition and reward program, and various corporate partner discounts.
We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply for this position.