Actuary | VIC Melbourne All
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Actuary.docx (Word, 50KB)
|Application Close Date:||21-Mar-2018|
IAG's Customer Labs Analytics Team operates under a very non-traditional management model, with minimal hierarchy and little top-down interference, therefore it is incredibly important to ensure we stay focused on the right things, involve the right people in them and avoid wasted effort.
As IAG looks to become more data driven, it is critical that this transformation is conducted in a technically and actuarially robust manner. This role is instrumental in bringing the change about.
You will participate in (some or all of) design and analysis of in-market experiments around pricing, longitudinal studies of customer experience and behaviour, risk cost modelling using both traditional and modern techniques across a range of products, determination of optimal commercial rates, fraud analytics, development of an increasingly detailed understanding of the impact of natural perils as well as evaluation of a wide range of initiatives to improve efficiency of internal operations. The list is far from exhaustive as opportunities for analytics are limited only by our own imagination.
- You will be a key member of a broad range of analytics/actuarial projects that will unlock immediate value for IAG.
- Designing, implementing and running of in market experiments across a range of customer experiences, then analysing the results and devising personalisation strategies to put into the market at key touch points
- Risk cost estimation using a variety of statistical, actuarial and machine learning techniques,
- Natural peril modelling / pricing
- Your experience is a great asset for the organisation, and you will actively help to educate the wider team to spread your knowledge and expertise. This will involve:
- Guiding project members in their work, particularly where new techniques are being adopted
- Peer reviewing work to ensure it is of suitable quality, working with colleagues to ensure continuous improvement
- You will be continuously on the lookout for both new opportunities and process improvements.
- You will strive to apply the latest actuarial and data science techniques to modelling, including the use of Machine Learning where possible.
- You will proactively provide mentoring and guidance for other Actuaries and analysts via projects, peer reviews and regular educational sessions as a key part of your role.
Keys skills and experience required
- Actuarial/technical pricing experience, combined with advanced programming and statistical modelling ability (including extensive use of modelling software such as SAS or R).
- 2-5 years as in Actuary
- Extensive experience in R, GLM and SAS, would be beneficial if have experience with R, Shiny or Python
- Advanced in statistical analysis, quantitative analytics, forecasting/predictive analytics, multivariate testing, and optimisation algorithms.
- Previous modelling experience especially with long tailed or heterogeneous commercial products highly desirable
- Experience in analysing large volumes of unstructured data
- Experience scoping/running analytics projects
- Proven ability to coach, mentor and develop junior Analysts to ensure their ongoing technical and leadership development
- Advanced communication in order to discuss and present complex information, analysis and findings to technical, and non-technical audiences at a variety of levels
At IAG, we believe that everyone has a unique point of view to share, shaped by their life experiences, cultures & passions. We celebrate and commit to:
#Proud to be me - we value difference, not sameness
#Together - harnessing our collective wisdom enables us to be our best for our customers & each other
#No boxes - it's not about labels, boxes or categories. It's about building a diverse and inclusive mindset into everything we do
IAG is the largest general insurance group in Australia and New Zealand. IAG owns some of the region's most trusted brands, including NRMA Insurance, CGU, SGIO, SGIC, WFI and Swann Insurance.
Start your career journey with us and click ‘Apply'!
In addition to a diverse and inclusive culture, some of our benefits include 13% superannuation, 50% insurance discounts, flexible work and leave options, generous parental leave and return to work program, recognition and reward program, and various corporate partner discounts.
We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply for this position