Senior Analyst | NSW Sydney All
|Category:||Actuarial and Statistical|
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Senior Analyst - Commercial Insurance.docx (Word, 48KB)
|Application Close Date:||28-Feb-2018|
IAG's Customer Labs Analytics Team operates under a very non-traditional management model, with minimal hierarchy and little top-down interference, therefore it is incredibly important to ensure we stay focused on the right things, involve the right people in them and avoid wasted effort.
As IAG looks to become more data driven, it is critical that this transformation is conducted in a technically and actuarially robust manner. This role is instrumental in bringing the change about.
As a specialist, you will actively educate our colleagues about the benefits of analytical and experimental approach. You will participate, identify and provide recommendations to our operating businesses and the Business Focussed Teams, ensuring valuable opportunities are pursued.
- You will work on/coordinate analytics projects that will unlock immediate value for IAG by conducting modelling and analysis for a specific or specialised portfolio area of responsibility that generates actionable insights.
- Designing, implementing and running of in market experiments across a range of customer experiences, then analysing the results and devising personalisation strategies to put into the market at key touch points.
- Risk cost estimation using a variety of statistical, actuarial and machine learning techniques
- Modelling - Taking historical data and abstract it, convert to an algorithm that predicts future behaviour and make recommendations or identify / resolve You will be continuously on the lookout for both new opportunities and process improvements.
- Guiding analysts in their work, particularly where new techniques are being adopted
- Peer reviewing analysts work to ensure it is of suitable quality, working with colleagues to ensure continuous improvement
- You will be continuously on the lookout and recommending new opportunities and process improvements.
- You will provide mentoring and guidance for other analysts via projects, peer reviews and regular educational sessions.
Keys skills and experience required
- Intermediate knowledge of analytics concepts and practices, whether it is statistics or machine learning. Previous experience with SAS is required, and beneficial to have experience with GLM, R and Python
- Experience with one or more of the following insurance products: ISR, Construction, Professional Risks or Liability insurance.
- Two or more years with traditional actuarial pricing methods for general insurance classes, including reserving techniques.
- Intermediate knowledge of analytics and data processing technologies and architectures.
At IAG, we believe that everyone has a unique point of view to share, shaped by their life experiences, cultures & passions. We celebrate and commit to:
#Proud to be me - we value difference, not sameness
#Together - harnessing our collective wisdom enables us to be our best for our customers & each other
#No boxes - it's not about labels, boxes or categories. It's about building a diverse and inclusive mindset into everything we do
IAG is the largest general insurance group in Australia and New Zealand. IAG owns some of the region's most trusted brands, including NRMA Insurance, CGU, SGIO, SGIC, WFI and Swann Insurance.
Start your career journey with us and click ‘Apply'!
In addition to a diverse and inclusive culture, some of our benefits include 13% superannuation, 50% insurance discounts, flexible work and leave options, generous parental leave and return to work program, recognition and reward program, and various corporate partner discounts.
We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply for this position