Underwriter, National Corporate Accounts | National
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:|| PD_Underwriter - National Corporate Accounts.pdf (PDF, 34KB)
|Application Close Date:||13-Apr-2018|
#Closer #Braver #Faster
The Role (Sydney or Melbourne location)
As an integral part of the CGU Workers Compensation Product (Risk States) team, this position is accountable for underwriting and processing of multi-State Workers Compensation business (WA, TAS, ACT & NT). The position is responsible for partnering with other internal partners to ensure a whole of account/multiline approach is delivered to customers (brokers, agents, clients and consultants) in order to achieve profit, growth and retention targets.
- Primarily accountable for the underwriting of new and renewal Workers Compensation business while operating within specific risk acceptance authorities and underwriting guidelines
- Accountable for the delivery of high level customer service including consultation with and responding to customers in a timely manner.
- Accountable for the processing of all underwriting correspondence in an accurate and timely manner and in accordance with underwriting guidelines to ensure premium processed reflects the terms of the policies underwritten.
- The role is also accountable for maintaining strong underwriting principles, accurate and timely administration of correspondence and to support the collection of premiums in conjunction with Credit Services
Skills & Experience
- A minimum of 3 years experience in Workers Compensation claims or underwriting
- Insurance knowledge
- Ability to work collaboratively with multiple business partners to achieve corporate goals
- Good understanding of industry, including industry participants and the regulatory environment
- Working collaboratively with other business units to achieve division and business unit goals
At IAG, we believe that everyone has a unique point of view to share, shaped by their life experiences, cultures & passions. We celebrate and commit to:
#Proud to be me – we value difference, not sameness
#Together – harnessing our collective wisdom enables us to be our best for our customers & each other
#No boxes – it's not about labels, boxes or categories. It's about building a diverse and inclusive mindset into everything we do
IAG is the largest general insurance group in Australia and New Zealand. IAG owns some of the region's most trusted brands, including NRMA Insurance, CGU, SGIO, SGIC, WFI and Swann Insurance.
Start your career journey with us and click ‘Apply'!
In addition to a diverse and inclusive culture, some of our benefits include 13% superannuation, 50% insurance discounts, flexible work and leave options, generous parental leave and return to work program, recognition and reward program, and various corporate partner discounts.
We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply for this position