Accounting Policy Specialist | NSW Sydney All
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Finance Specialist - Group Accounting Policy.pdf (PDF, 388KB)
|Application Close Date:||02-Mar-2018|
#CLOSER #BRAVER #FASTER
If you have expertise and enjoy all things accounting within the banking, finance and or insurance space, keep reading.
An opportunity to join our existing Group Accounting team has become available. In this role, you will contribute and provide technical advice on Group accounting issues and leverage deep subject matter expertise in relation to corporate activity. You will play a key role in the design, development and communication of the Group's accounting policies to ensure that they comply with all relevant requirements.
You will have a high learning agility and be able to hit the ground running during this busy period of policy implementation. Using your strong stakeholder engagement and presentation skills, you will take a lead role in ensuring the implementation of the AASB 17 Insurance Contracts accounting standard into the Group's re processes and accounting policies.
At IAG we have adopted an Agile way of working across all divisions
Ideally you will have past experience working in large, complex organisations and be comfortable in fast paced and ambiguous environments.
This role will be based in Sydney.
- Provide technical advice and thought leadership to the Group's finance functions on issues relating to Group accounting matters and the Group's policies.
- Provide technical accounting support for the Group's Audit Committee reporting.
- Work with the Group's external auditors to obtain clearance on technical accounting matters.
- Perform a lead role as part of the AASB 17 project by directing the implementation of required changes by leveraging effective and constructive relationships with the relevant stakeholders across the Group.
- Produce and maintain an up to date accounting policy manual for the Group that is accessible to all relevant employees.
- Proactively review Group policies to identify any necessary changes or opportunities for improvement.
- Attend technical forums, provide support to other Group representatives and use effective influencing skills to drive IAG's agenda on regulatory and reporting framework changes.
Skills & Experience
To succeed and make an impact in this role, you will need to bring:
- Experience in interpreting and applying accounting standards and other regulatory changes
- Financial Service expertise required, preferably within Insurance
- Ability to communicate with influence
- Strong stakeholder engagement capabilities across all levels.
- Business and commercial acumen, credibility, reputation and proven track record of success.
- Experience operating and delivering results in a matrix environment and leveraging relationships to influence and drive outcomes
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (i.e. delivering presentations)
- Ability to multi task, plan and adhere to deadlines and perform under pressure
- Tertiary qualifications in Accounting and Finance
- Have a CA/CPA qualification
At IAG, we believe that everyone has a unique point of view to share, shaped by their life experiences, cultures & passions. We celebrate and commit to:
#Proud to be me – we value difference, not sameness
#Together – harnessing our collective wisdom enables us to be our best for our customers & each other
#No boxes – it's not about labels, boxes or categories. It's about building a diverse and inclusive mindset into everything we do
IAG is the largest general insurance group in Australia and New Zealand. IAG owns some of the region's most trusted brands, including NRMA Insurance, CGU, SGIO, SGIC, WFI and Swann Insurance.
In addition to a diverse and inclusive culture, some of our benefits include 13% superannuation, 50% insurance discounts, flexible work and leave options, generous parental leave and return to work program, recognition and reward program, and various corporate partner discounts.
Start your career journey with us and click ‘Apply'!
Please note shortlisted applicants will commence interviews prior to the advertisement closing date.
To be eligible to apply, you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or permanent resident.
We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply for this position.