IT STRATEGY ARCHITECT | NSW Sydney All
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:|| IT Strategy Architect.pdf (PDF, 107KB)
|Application Close Date:||28-Mar-2018|
IAG's vision is to create world class customer experiences through data driven, digital innovation - supported by a simplified and optimised core. You will drive the delivery of the Group IT Strategy outcomes that realise this future vision. You will play a key role in ensuring that IAG is successful in building the foundations to develop a digital insurance business and to explore ecosystem growth to move beyond traditional insurance.
You are a creative and dynamic professional who is passionate about driving change and delivering results. You will ensure the IT Strategy outcomes are achieved by measuring success, reporting and monitoring the progress of strategy execution and escalate where appropriate. You will also support the communication of the IT Strategy and roadmap.
You will work collaboratively with platform / technology architects and technology leads to drive towards a simplified target state technology architecture that will lay the foundations to drive ecosystem growth in the future.
- Custodianship of the Group IT Strategy and roadmap
- Ensure that domain technology strategies are continuously aligned to the IT Strategy and deliver on business strategy outcomes
- Develop commercial case for IT roadmap and support Group Leadership Team / Board endorsement
- Support the evangelisation of the Group IT Strategy and communicate changes as required
- Ensure that technology investments are aligned to the IT Strategy by measuring deviations in investment from target state (i.e. investment in legacy) and introducing governance and recommendations to support alignment
- Track and report on initiative deviations from the Group IT Strategy and provide recommendations to minimise IT Strategy deviations
- Introduce new measures where appropriate to focus on improving drivers that will support the acceleration of IT Strategy execution and minimisation of waste
- Facilitate architectural alignment / governance by co-ordinating architectural assessments and measurement between the Portfolio Management Office, architecture and initiative delivery teams
Key Skills and Experience
You will have strong IT advisory experience with a background in developing IT strategies and roadmaps that deliver transformational change. You will also have extensive Financial Services experience, preferably in the Insurance industry.
Further to this, you will have:
- Strong financial analysis foundation creating reports, forecasts and models
- Experience with program management and technology delivery
- Excellent business communication skills (written and verbal), including ability to effectively present concepts, issues, and solutions in a logical and articulate manner
- Knowledge and experience with Agile / Lean practices and in leading Agile teams
- Proven experience in Business and IT relationship management; working in / with matrix structures and influencing senior business and technology leaders
- 5+ years relevant IT advisory experience and 3+ years management / technology consulting experience in a Tier 1 or 2 consulting company at a consultant / senior consultant level (desirable)
At IAG, we believe that everyone has a unique point of view to share, shaped by their life experiences, cultures & passions. We celebrate and commit to:
#Proud to be me - we value difference, not sameness
#Together - harnessing our collective wisdom enables us to be our best for our customers & each other
#No boxes - it's not about labels, boxes or categories. It's about building a diverse and inclusive mindset into everything we do
IAG is the largest general insurance group in Australia and New Zealand. IAG owns some of the region's most trusted brands, including NRMA Insurance, CGU, SGIO, SGIC, WFI and Swann Insurance.
Start your career journey with us and click ‘Apply'!
In addition to a diverse and inclusive culture, some of our benefits include 13% superannuation, 50% insurance discounts, flexible work and leave options, generous parental leave and return to work program, recognition and reward program, and various corporate partner discounts.
We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply for this position