Automation Engineer | NSW Sydney Inner
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Automation Engineer (Continuous Delivery) PD.docx (Word, 49KB)
|Application Close Date:||25-Oct-2017|
IAG is the largest general insurance group in Australia and New Zealand, with a growing presence in Asia. IAG owns some of the region's most trusted brands, including NRMA Insurance, CGU, SGIO, SGIC, WFI and Swann Insurance.
At IAG, we believe that everyone has a unique point of view to share, shaped by their life experiences, cultures & passions. We celebrate and commit to:
- #Proud to be me – we value difference, not sameness
- #Together – harnessing our collective wisdom enables us to bring our best for our customers & each other
- #No boxes – it's not about labels, boxes or categories, rather it's about building a diversity, inclusion & belonging mindset into everything we do
In addition to a diverse and inclusive culture, some of our benefits include 13% superannuation, 50% insurance discounts, flexible work and leave options, generous parental leave and return to work program, recognition and reward program, and various corporate partner discounts.
About The Role
Reporting into the Continuous Delivery Toolchain Lead, the Automation Engineer will play a pivotal role in ensuring IAG's business continues to operate in an efficient and accurate manner.
You will enable IAG teams to utilize a central set of Continuous Delivery and Collaboration tools (Atlassian) that encourage them to work closer together than ever before.
- Analyse and resolve system and customer problems
- Monitor application performance and guide the team on improvement functions
- Provide enhancements and changes to improve services
- Prepare and maintain operating and system documentation
- Gather and document scope and requirements
- Plan, participate in and lead technical spikes and experiments
- Successfully design, deliver and support solutions
Skills and experience
- 5+ years relevant IT industry experience in within a complex technology operating environment
- Must be independent and self-directed but able to work and influence a team of technical specialists and leaders
- Application administration for the Atlassian Toolset - JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket, Bamboo and Crowd.
- Server Administration – Linux and Windows
- Continuous Integration and Delivery concepts and use of the following toolsets: Bitbucket/GIT, Bamboo, Jenkins, NexusPro and Artifactory.
- Familiar with JIRA front end configuration
We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply for this position.