DevOps Automation Engineer | NSW Sydney Inner
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||23-Oct-2017|
IAG is the largest general insurance group in Australia and New Zealand, with a growing presence in Asia. IAG owns some of the region's most trusted brands, including NRMA Insurance, CGU, SGIO, SGIC, WFI and Swann Insurance.
At IAG, we believe that everyone has a unique point of view to share, shaped by their life experiences, cultures & passions. We celebrate and commit to:
- #Proud to be me – we value difference, not sameness
- #Together – harnessing our collective wisdom enables us to bring our best for our customers & each other
- #No boxes – it's not about labels, boxes or categories, rather it's about building a diversity, inclusion & belonging mindset into everything we do
In addition to a diverse and inclusive culture, some of our benefits include 13% superannuation, 50% insurance discounts, flexible work and leave options, generous parental leave and return to work program, recognition and reward program, and various corporate partner discounts.
About the Role
As the DevOps Automation Engineer, you will take responsibility for the automation and deployment of IAGs Consumer Insurance divisions, application development and testing environments to the cloud.
- Implement Puppet and Ansible modules for existing and future applications and processes
- Maintain existing Puppet and Ansible modules to a high standard
- Champion application and system automation and configuration management including end-to-end processes using continuous integration in addition to Puppet/Ansible
- Mentor junior engineers in Configuration Management and Automation best practice
- Hands-on building of automation frameworks using application appropriate tooling
- Help build and maintain a pattern/best practice library across all aspects of Continuous Delivery and application automation
- Assist Platform Leads in providing maturity assessments and prioritisation of automation tasks
Keys skills and experience
- 2 plus years' experience in Puppet scripting, or similar devops automation language e.g. Python, Chef, Ansible
- Experience with managing large scale deployments to an external cloud provider (e.g. AWS), or hybrid cloud solution
- Experience in continuous integration with deployment automation using one of the following: Bamboo Jenkins, or other continuous integration orchestration servers
- Enterprise experience with SDLC and Testing Frameworks
- Experience in Agile delivery processes and practices preferred
We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply for this position.