Creative Designer | VIC Melbourne Inner
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Creative Visual Designer PD.docx (Word, 52KB)
|Application Close Date:||23-Oct-2017|
IAG is the largest general insurance group in Australia and New Zealand, with a growing presence in Asia. IAG owns some of the region's most trusted brands, including NRMA Insurance, CGU, SGIO, SGIC, WFI and Swann Insurance.
At IAG, we believe that everyone has a unique point of view to share, shaped by their life experiences, cultures & passions. We celebrate and commit to:
- #Proud to be me – we value difference, not sameness
- #Together – harnessing our collective wisdom enables us to bring our best for our customers & each other
- #No boxes – it's not about labels, boxes or categories, rather it's about building a diversity, inclusion & belonging mindset into everything we do
In addition to a diverse and inclusive culture, some of our benefits include 13% superannuation, 50% insurance discounts, flexible work and leave options, generous parental leave and return to work program, recognition and reward program, and various corporate partner discounts.
About the Role
Do you want to use your design skills to assist in the delivery of leading edge creative artefacts that contribute to the delivery of customer centric IAG products and services?
We have an opportunity for a Creative Visual Designer to work with a team of designers in collaboration with business, channel and product experts to bring to life new products and services that will deliver both beautiful customer experiences and business outcomes.
- Continuously build your craft and skills in creative services design through formal learning, and practice.
- Demonstrable knowledge of the key skills below and the ability to execute with some proficiency on at least 5:
- Experience in Digital design including UI, interaction behavior, responsive design (essential)
- Experience across a variety of visual design tools including InDesign, Illustrator, HTML /JS/CSS, Sketch, In Vision, Principle and AfterEffects to deliver high and lo fidelity visual outputs.
- Information visualization skills including a strong knowledge of typography and layout to enable optimal interaction design.
- Prototyping: knowledge of key prototyping tools (including for example Axure, InVision, Proto.io) to storytell key concepts.
- Communication: Master storytelling skills: you have the ability to use visuals to clearly articulate design decisions and tell compelling stories.
- Pattern and component libraries: Maintain and apply pattern libraries in line with emerging brand, accessibility and interaction guidelines.
- Visual language taxonomies: Apply consistently standard visual language hierarchies
Keys skills and experience
- Creative visual design, preferably gained in a large corporate design team/agency with a focus on Digital design e.g. Insurance, Financial Service, Customer Service
- Proactive attitude and comfortable to work in an autonomous environment while collaborating with other designers
- Undergraduate degree or advanced diploma in a creative or visual design discipline.
We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply for this position.