Digital Platform Architect | NSW Sydney Inner
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Digital Platform Architech PD.docx (Word, 49KB)
|Application Close Date:||27-Oct-2017|
- 13% Superannuation and employee benefits
- Full-time position
- Sydney CBD location
IAG is the largest general insurance group in Australia and New Zealand, with a growing presence in Asia. IAG owns some of the region's most trusted brands, including NRMA Insurance, CGU, SGIO, SGIC, WFI and Swann Insurance.
At IAG, we believe that everyone has a unique point of view to share, shaped by their life experiences, cultures & passions. We celebrate and commit to:
- #Proud to be me – we value difference, not sameness
- #Together – harnessing our collective wisdom enables us to bring our best for our customers & each other
- #No boxes – it's not about labels, boxes or categories, rather it's about building a diversity, inclusion & belonging mindset into everything we do
In addition to a diverse and inclusive culture, some of our benefits include 13% superannuation, 50% insurance discounts, flexible work and leave options, generous parental leave and return to work program, recognition and reward program, and various corporate partner discounts.
Reporting into the Senior Manager, Digital Technology, you will lead the solution architecture for the Digital platform which is transitioning to a native digital approach leveraging the power of API's and enabled by agile and continuous delivery while maintaining a mobile first and truly customer centric perspective to everything we do.
This role will see you own and deliver multichannel consumer solutions using Digital and Mobile technologies as well as empowering, leading and guiding technical leads to help them meet overall solution objectives and design considerations as their technical designs and implementations evolve.
- Architect native digital solutions to enable Business Capability in alignment with IAG's strategy and policies, platform roadmaps, architecture principles and standards, challenging the status quo where additional value for the business and customers is identified.
- Facilitate discussions between various members of the architecture, application development, infrastructure and security communities that have cross program/platform dependencies.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of technology strategy and roadmaps that support the day to day operations and growth of the Digital & Mobile platform.
- Own and develop the sub platform solution concept, architecture and roadmap to support at a more detailed level, the wider platform strategy.
- Provide leadership and guidance to digital teams regarding solution delivery and review to ensure it aligns to the business strategy and platform roadmaps, while adhering to Lean Architecture principles and standards.
Keys skills and experience required
- Proven experience as a Solution Architect with a consultative approach, responsible for end-to-end delivery of solutions.
- Prior experience working in a complex and fast paced organization ideally within Telecommunications, Utilities or Financial Services
- Passion or experience in mentoring, up-skilling and teaching leading practice in Lean Architecture and technology.
- Background in delivering digital centric designs, including native digital solutions.
- Broad understanding across a number of digital frameworks i.e. React, Angular
- Proven experience delivering projects using lean principles and delivery using Agile method
How to Apply
To submit your interest in this role, please click the ‘Apply' button below.