Senior Business Advisor | NSW Sydney All
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||25-Aug-2017|
- ASX Top 20 Listed Company
- Dynamic and fast paced environment
- Location: Sydney
IAG is the largest general insurance group in Australia and New Zealand, with a growing presence in Asia. Last year, IAG insured over $2 trillion worth of assets, collecting $11.4 billion in premiums and paying out almost $9 billion in claims.
IAG owns some of the region's most trusted brands, including NRMA Insurance, CGU, SGIO, SGIC, WFI and Swann Insurance.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Business Advisor – Partner to join our Finance Business Advisory team in Sydney on a full time basis. In this role you will be responsible to help the Finance Business Advisory team deliver on its objectives by providing direction and effective leadership within the IAG's Finance function to ensure the Business receives accurate and timely management reporting of financials, commercial insights and financial support to enable effective decision making and achievement of financial targets.
You will be a leading member of a highly engaged team and help develop a high performance culture within the Finance function. You will be an active member and provide leadership for your colleagues in the Finance Business Advisory team, by helping them better understand business requirements and deliver reporting value, whilst role modelling the IAG values and behaviours.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Partner with the business to provide accurate and timely financial support and analysis to the CFO and EGMs, including monthly results, Forecast/Budgets, Half Year, for decision making and financial insights to drive performance.
- Understanding and provision of financial reporting, including Claims valuations, External Partner tender's documents/commission, etc whilst supporting requirements for various Group LT forums, liaising with external partners as appropriate.
- Provide input/advice/explanation on expenses including appropriate expense allocation methodology to the various distribution channels of the Partner business and substantiate external partner and internal management requests, whilst adhering to partner remuneration agreements, etc.
- Call out and understand key issues/challenges/risks within the Partner business and provide financial support to business specific initiatives, e.g. projects, training/education, etc.
These are the skills and experience we're looking for
- Tertiary qualifications, i.e. Postgraduate degree in Accounting or Finance
- CA/CPA/CIMA qualified/Relevant professional membership and certifications
- Financial Services expertise required, preferably within Insurance
- Experience in finance and accounting including financial management/reporting, technical accounting knowledge, and business acumen
- Understanding of business and financial impacts of operational decisions
- Knowledge of finance reporting systems and frameworks
- Attention to detail and ability to multitask, adhere to deadlines and perform under pressure
- Experience operating and delivering results in a matrix environment and leveraging relationships to influence and drive outcomes
How to Apply
To submit your interest in this role, please click the ‘Apply' button below.