Data Visualisation Engineer | VIC Melbourne All
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Visualisation Developer PD.docx (Word, 52KB)
|Application Close Date:||18-Aug-2017|
- Multiple opportunities available
- Flexible working environment
- Career development opportunities
IAG is the largest general insurance group in Australia and New Zealand, with a growing presence in Asia. IAG owns some of the region's most trusted brands, including NRMA Insurance, CGU, SGIO, SGIC, WFI and Swann Insurance.
At IAG, we believe that everyone has a unique point of view to share, shaped by their life experiences, cultures & passions. We celebrate and commit to:
- #Proud to be me – we value difference, not sameness
- #Together – harnessing our collective wisdom enables us to bring our best for our customers & each other
- #No boxes – it's not about labels, boxes or categories, rather it's about building a diversity, inclusion & belonging mindset into everything we do
In addition to a diverse and inclusive culture, some of our benefits include 13% superannuation, 50% insurance discounts, flexible work and leave options, generous parental leave and return to work program, recognition and reward program, and various corporate partner discounts.
Reporting into the Data Visualisation Director you will use your knowledge to develop dynamic and interactive data visualisations using current visualisation tools such as Tableau.
You will also have a responsibility of mentoring and guiding the Tableau Community in the tools and techniques required, as well as establish guidelines and standard in the use of these tools.
- Develop data visualisations and insights from using Tableau or similar tools
- Develop and grow capability of the Data Visualisation team in using Tableau or similar tools
- Be a leader in cultivating how we present, engage and tell stories with our data
- Provide leadership for your colleagues in the Data Visualisation team to develop skills in how we present data
- Foster a learning culture that actively benchmarks and challenges existing practices.
Keys skills and experience required
- Develop data visualisations using Tableau or similar tools
- Create engaging and telling stories with data
- Generate and showcase innovative and creative data solutions
- Experience in data journalism or developing infographics (preferred)
How to Apply
To submit your interest in this role, please click the ‘Apply' button below.