Executive Manager, CTO Commercial | NSW Sydney Inner
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||26-Sep-2017|
- ASX Top 20 listed company
- 13% Superannuation and employee benefits
- Location – Sydney or Melbourne
IAG is the largest general insurance group in Australia and New Zealand, with a growing presence in Asia. IAG owns some of the region's most trusted brands, including NRMA Insurance, CGU, SGIO, SGIC, WFI and Swann Insurance.
At IAG, we believe that everyone has a unique point of view to share, shaped by their life experiences, cultures & passions. We celebrate and commit to:
- #Proud to be me – we value difference, not sameness
- #Together – harnessing our collective wisdom enables us to bring our best for our customers & each other
- #No boxes – it's not about labels, boxes or categories, rather it's about building a diversity, inclusion & belonging mindset into everything we do
In addition to a diverse and inclusive culture, some of our benefits include 13% superannuation, 50% insurance discounts, flexible work and leave options, generous parental leave and return to work program, recognition and reward program, and various corporate discounts.
About the Role
The purpose of this role is to design and manage a Commercial function for the CTO Division. The Commercial function will ensure that CTO always has effective business acumen being applied to optimally (and transparently) manage CTO's expense base.
Success will look like: CTO being fully in control of all expenses and expense drivers; CTO proactively influencing the shape of its expense base, identifying and implementing long and short term expense optimisation measures; and CTO operating a mature no-surprises finance regime with Group Finance functions.
- Lead the annual Technology budget and forecasting cycle
- Provide financial leadership and ensure financial strategies drive achievement of Technology financial commitments in alignment with business plans and performance metrics
- Coordinate Technology Service Charging and Project Recovery
- Lead Technology financial reporting and insights based around key Technology financial levers
- Support the interface and stakeholder relationships between Technology and Control and Operations Finance (with the primary relationship for day-to-day financial support existing directly between the CTO BU's and Control and Operations Finance)
- Establish, and maintain a consistent financial governance framework across Technology
- Assist with identifying, tracking and reporting cost saving opportunities, and
- Assist with identifying, tracking and reporting budget risks
Skills & Experience
- Tertiary qualifications, i.e. Graduate degree in Accounting or Finance, CA/CPA/CIMA qualified
- Relevant professional membership and certifications
- Financial Services expertise required, preferably within Insurance
- IT financial control experience preferred – with emphasis on managing interactions between fixed (BAU) and variable (charged to project) IT costs
- Extensive experience in successfully interacting with and influencing senior stakeholders
- Ability to communicate complex financial matters in a way that is easily understandable
- Extensive experience in finance and accounting including financial management/reporting, technical accounting knowledge, and business commerciality
- Experience operating and delivering results in a matrix environment and leveraging relationships to influence and drive outcomes
- Understanding of business and financial impacts of operational decisions
- Knowledge of finance reporting systems and frameworks
- Experience in managing a team and effectively influencing and developing staff at all levels
How to Apply
To submit your interest in this role, please click the ‘Apply' button below. For specific questions please contact Marissa Jamieson on (03) 8630 1815.