Executive Manager, Compute | National
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||18-Aug-2017|
- One of Australia's leading general insurers
- Melbourne or Sydney location
- Flexible working environment
IAG is the largest general insurance group in Australia and New Zealand, with a growing presence in Asia. IAG owns some of the region's most trusted brands, including NRMA Insurance, CGU, SGIO, SGIC, WFI and Swann Insurance.
At IAG, we believe that everyone has a unique point of view to share, shaped by their life experiences, cultures & passions. We celebrate and commit to:
- #Proud to be me – we value difference, not sameness
- #Together – harnessing our collective wisdom enables us to bring our best for our customers & each other
- #No boxes – it's not about labels, boxes or categories, rather it's about building a diversity, inclusion & belonging mindset into everything we do
In addition to a diverse and inclusive culture, some of our benefits include 13% superannuation, 50% insurance discounts, flexible work and leave options, generous parental leave and return to work program, recognition and reward program, and various corporate partner discounts.
You will be responsible for leading and managing the Technology Infrastructure Compute Services team and partners to optimise IAG, drive profitability and create sustainable value for the business. This will include improving the maturity of the Compute Services function to global best practice to ensure operational excellence, enhance customer experiences, business optimisation and people agility.
You will also be involved in developing and improving partnerships that drive the above outcomes through the Infrastructure Strategy work.
- Develop and implement best practice operational excellence for Technology Compute Services, in line with IAG requirements.
- Assist in the development of implement and maintain a medium term (5-10 year) technology Compute Services strategy which provides functional and flexible utilisation of assets and services and improves IAG profitability (decreases cost).
- Ensure seamless, stable and appropriately resilient Compute Service delivery to the IAG business
- Provide leadership to staff and providers that enables, promotes and demands IAG behaviours at all times
- Contribute to both IAG and Technology with insights, collaborative input and expertise that promotes value creation, innovation and improved performance
These are the skills and experience we're looking for
- Prior experience leading a complex and fast paced services environment
- Compute experience, including mainframe, midrange, storage and X86
- Ideally financial services or insurance background but not mandatory
- Demonstrated experience driving a number a key internal and external partners to deliver a service
- Experience in service management, including IT operations, infrastructure, risk minimisation and service optimisation
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
How to Apply
To submit your interest in this role, please click the ‘Apply' button below or contact Marissa Jamieson on 03 8630 1815 for a confidential discussion.