Corporate Lawyer | NSW Sydney Inner
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Corporate Lawyer Position Description - Final 12 July.docx (Word, 49KB)
|Application Close Date:||04-Aug-2017|
- One of Australia's leading general insurers
- Flexible working environment
- Dynamic and fast paced environment
IAG is the largest general insurance group in Australia and New Zealand, with a growing presence in Asia. IAG owns some of the region's most trusted brands, including NRMA Insurance, CGU, SGIO, SGIC, WFI and Swann Insurance.
At IAG, we believe that everyone has a unique point of view to share, shaped by their life experiences, cultures & passions. We celebrate and commit to:
#Proud to be me – we value difference, not sameness
#Together – harnessing our collective wisdom enables us to bring our best for our customers & each other
#No boxes – it's not about labels, boxes or categories, rather it's about building a diversity, inclusion & belonging mindset into everything we do
In addition to a diverse and inclusive culture, some of our benefits include 13% superannuation, 50% insurance discounts, flexible work and leave options, generous parental leave and return to work program, recognition and reward program, and various corporate partner discounts. Visit our website to find out more www.iag.com.au
About the Role
The Legal & Board Services Division at IAG are seeking a Corporate Lawyer to join the team. In this role, you will be entrusted to protect and enhance IAG's reputation and value through your counsel. It will involve a mix of tasks such as negotiating and drafting agreements, providing support on large-scale legal projects and initiatives, enhancing our partnerships & assisting in the development of products & polices.
You will be at the forefront to support the wider business such as the Australian Consumer Division (ACD) in the management of a range of corporate and commercial legal issues.
- Negotiate, draft and advise on various commercial agreements including supply, services and outsourcing arrangements.
- Advise on insurance product and distribution issues, as well as drafting and interpreting insurance policy wording.
- Support the Senior Corporate Lawyers on large-scale legal projects and initiatives.
- Advise on legal and regulatory issues including regulator inquiries, insurance laws, consumer protection laws, privacy/data protection laws and corporations laws/FSR.
- Maintaining the highest legal, ethical and professional duties and standards applicable to Australian legal practitioners.
Essential Skills & Experience
To be successful in this role, you will need to have a Law Degree & admission to practice in an Australian Jurisdiction. This includes 4-6 years PAE. Some in house legal experience would be an advantage, ideally in a leading financial services, retail or consumer business.
- Expertise in negotiation and drafting a diverse range of commercial contracts, including supply, procurement, service and distribution arrangements.
- Broad ranging experience in advising on insurance, consumer protection, privacy, commercial and/or corporations legal matters.
- Experience in advising on ASIC/ACCC regulatory matters (preferred)
How to Apply
To submit your interest in this role, please click the ‘Apply' button below.