Technical Manager -Workers Compensation | VIC Melbourne All
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||23-Aug-2017|
- One of Australia's leading general insurers
- Flexible working environment
- Career development opportunities
CGU worker's compensation is one of the many insurance brands of IAG. IAG is the largest general insurance group in Australia and New Zealand, with a growing presence in Asia. IAG owns some of the region's most trusted brands, including NRMA Insurance, CGU, SGIO, SGIC, WFI and Swann Insurance.
At IAG, we believe that everyone has a unique point of view to share, shaped by their life experiences, cultures & passions. We celebrate and commit to:
- #Proud to be me – we value difference, not sameness
- #Together – harnessing our collective wisdom enables us to bring our best for our customers & each other
- #No boxes – it's not about labels, boxes or categories, rather it's about building a diversity, inclusion & belonging mindset into everything we do
In addition to a diverse and inclusive culture, some of our benefits include 13% superannuation, 50% insurance discounts, flexible work and leave options, generous parental leave and return to work program, recognition and reward program, and various corporate partner discounts.
Join the CGU Workers Compensation team and provide team members with guidance, support and coaching in relation to technical and legal aspects of the claims management process.
As the Technical Manager, you will be creating an environment for the claims team to have a clear understanding of the requirements of their roles from a technical perspective.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Establish, implement and monitor strategies for the Team to achieve performance targets
- Coach team in providing excellence in customer service
- Focus on driving return to work outcomes
- Provide strategic advice on complex cases, including legal and common law
- Provide one on one coaching as the technical specialist within the team
- To achieve compliance by effectively monitoring the overall performance of the claims team
- Assisting Case Managers in developing a holistic and strategic case management action plan for each claim
- To seek continuous improvement in claims management outcomes
Essential Skills & Experience
- A minimum of 3 years' experience in claims management (Workers Compensation)
- Strong APA knowledge
- High level of working knowledge of WIRC Act
- You will have an understanding of return to work and injury management concepts
- Previous experience in coaching and developing a staff member is desirable as well
How to Apply
To submit your interest in this role, please click the ‘Apply' button below.