Senior DevOps Engineer | NSW Sydney Inner
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||07-Oct-2017|
- One of Australia's leading general insurers
- Flexible working environment
- Career development opportunities
IAG is the largest general insurance group in Australia and New Zealand, with a growing presence in Asia. IAG owns some of the region's most trusted brands, including NRMA Insurance, CGU, SGIO, SGIC, WFI and Swann Insurance
At IAG, we believe that everyone has a unique point of view to share, shaped by their life experiences, cultures & passions. We celebrate and commit to:
- #Proud to be me – we value difference, not sameness
- #Together – harnessing our collective wisdom enables us to bring our best for our customers & each other
- #No boxes – it's not about labels, boxes or categories, rather it's about building a diversity, inclusion & belonging mindset into everything we do
In addition to a diverse and inclusive culture, some of our benefits include 13% superannuation, 50% insurance discounts, flexible work and leave options, generous parental leave and return to work program, recognition and reward program, and various corporate partner discounts.
We currently have an opportunity for a DevOps Automation Engineer to analyse, design, implement and validate strategies for continuous deployment to both on premise and cloud-based infrastructure while ensuring high availability on both production and pre-production systems. Responsibilities include:
- Design and implementation of applications' build, release, deployment, and configuration activities
- Working with development teams to gather requirements, prototyping, architecting, implementing/updating solutions, building and executing test plans, performing quality reviews, managing operations, and triaging and fixing operational issues
- Able to adjust to constant business change; common types of changes include new requirements, evolving goals and strategies, and emerging technologies.
- Able to interact, develop, engineer, and communicate collaboratively at the highest technical levels.
Keys skills and experience required
- Experience using configuration management tools such as Chef, Puppet and Ansible
- Experience working with tools such as Jenkins and/or Bamboo
- Experience with Cloud computing such as OpenStack and AWS
- Strong skills with programming languages (Ruby, Python, Java and Perl)
- Tertiary qualification in Information Technology, Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent
- Who are you? Strong learning capability, an experimenter, a researcher a large contributor to work community and a Technology and Automation enthusiast
How to Apply
To submit your interest in this role, please click the ‘Apply' button below.