Motor Assessor - Sydney | NSW Sydney All
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:|| MotorAssessor.PD.pdf (PDF, 111KB)
|Application Close Date:||18-Aug-2017|
- Diverse & Inclusive workplace
- Sydney locations
- Role includes tool of trade vehicle
IAG is the largest general insurance group in Australia and New Zealand, with a growing presence in Asia. IAG owns some of the region's most trusted brands, including NRMA Insurance, CGU, SGIO, SGIC, WFI and Swann Insurance.
At IAG, we believe that everyone has a unique point of view to share, shaped by their life experiences, cultures & passions. We celebrate and commit to:
- #Proud to be me – we value difference, not sameness
- #Together – harnessing our collective wisdom enables us to bring our best for our customers & each other
- #No boxes – it's not about labels, boxes or categories, rather it's about building a diversity, inclusion & belonging mindset into everything we do
In addition to a diverse and inclusive culture, some of our benefits include 13% superannuation, 50% insurance discounts, flexible work and leave options, generous parental leave and return to work program, recognition and reward program, and various corporate partner discounts. Visit our website to find out more www.iag.com.au
We currently have a fantastic opportunity available within the assessing department. This role will see you use your technical expertise to assess motor vehicles to ensure a fair and reasonable outcome for all relevant stakeholders involved. If you want to get out of the workshop and into an office environment, then bring your energy and knowledge of dealing with customers then apply right away.
Your key focus in the role will be to assess motor vehicles claims, inspecting damage and using your trade experience to determine repair costs as fair and reasonable, correct method of repair established, negotiating total loss settlements. Customer service and people interaction are a large part of this role. As such, it's important that you're a team player with a personable communication style, and the confidence to act as a negotiator and problem solver for issues between IAG, our customers and repairers.
These are the skills and experience we're looking for
- Demonstrate strong technical experience in the motor vehicle repair industry
- Previous quoting or assessing experience within the smash repair industry would be an advantage
- Experience working as a motor assessor or working in the Motor Vehicle Repair Industry
- Possess relevant motor vehicle trade qualification
- Excellent customer focus, negotiation and communication skills
- Have the ability to perform collectively with peers in a team environment
- You will have strong fraud detection, decision-making and conflict management skills
- Current valid driving licence
How to Apply
To submit your interest in this role, please click the ‘Apply' button below. For more exciting careers at IAG, visit our website.