Process Governance & Architecture Manager | NSW Sydney Inner
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:|| ProcessGovernance&ArchitectureManager.PD.docx (Word, 49KB)
|Application Close Date:||27-Feb-2017|
- Diverse & Inclusive workplace
- Sydney CBD location
- 13% superannuation, 50% insurance discounts
Insurance Australia Group Limited (IAG) is the parent company of a general insurance group with controlled operations in Australia, New Zealand and Asia, employing over 15,000 people. IAG is the name behind some of the most trusted and respected general insurance brands providing a wide range of products to protect the homes, lifestyles and businesses of our millions of customers.
An exciting opportunity has become available to join IAG as a Process Governance & Architecture Manager. You will be responsible for establishing and evolving the IAG Process Architecture and associated Governance in support of our simplification strategy. The role will work to develop and document an integrated view of the way IAG’s business processes deliver customer value through the lean principle of Value Streams, driving the consolidation and streamlining of processes and activities within IAG.
- Define the set of strategic, core and support processes that transcend functional and organizational boundaries; identify and describe external entities such as customers, suppliers, and external systems that interact with the business; and describe which people, resources and controls are involved in the processes.
- Describe the primary value streams of the enterprise and distinguish between customer-facing, supplier-related, business execution and business management activities
- Establish and continually evolve the IAG Process Governance and Architecture framework that enables the concept of Value Streams
- Align Process framework with Customer Journey and CVPs across all Brands by working closely with the Labs customer teams.
- Capture the tactical and strategic enterprise goals that provide traceability through the organization and are mapped to metrics that provide ongoing governance of the processes that deliver them
- Provide Process input to major projects such as Serenity and Rubix in support their goals of process simplification, while also providing tactical process mapping support to the IAG business
- Maintain and develop the existing process library and associated tools within the organisation. This will include reviewing our toolsets to ensure they evolve with the changing needs of the business
- Work closely with the Knowledge Management functions of IAG to enable the creation of a common set of Standard Operating Procedures for IAG businesses
- Work collaboratively with the broader Productivity team to assist meeting the broader IAG productivity goals
- Explore and promote value creation, innovation and improved performance through strategic partner relationships.
- Managerial responsibilities to develop the capabilities and performance of the Productivity team.
These are the skills and experience we’re looking for
- Demonstrated experience in conducting business requirements analysis and producing relevant documentation including business requirement specifications and process maps
- The ability to identify key risks and issues associated with an initiative, including dependencies on other initiatives or projects
- An understanding of continuous improvement methods
- Excellent communication, and leadership and influencing skills
- Strong analytical skills, resilience and commercial acumen
- Team management and people development experience
- Lean or six sigma experience preferable
- Ability to form strong relationships with stakeholders and operate effectively under pressure
- Financial services background preferable
- Strong drive to achieve results and continuously improve
- Passion for customers and the teams that serve them
- Strong understanding of and demonstrated success using project and process management frameworks and principles
- Strong ability to operate in a complex, fast paced operation with capability to work autonomously within a framework
Culture & Benefits
In addition to a diverse and inclusive culture, some of our benefits include 13% superannuation, 50% insurance discounts, flexible work and leave options. Visit our website to find out more.
How to Apply
To submit your interest in this role, please click the ‘Apply’ button below. For more exciting careers at IAG, visit our website.