Automation Consultant | National
|Category:||Planning and Strategy|
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:|| AutomationConsultant.PD.docx (Word, 48KB)
|Application Close Date:||27-Feb-2017|
- Diverse & Inclusive workplace
- Location: Melbourne or Sydney
- 13% superannuation, 50% insurance discounts
Insurance Australia Group Limited (IAG) is the parent company of a general insurance group with controlled operations in Australia, New Zealand and Asia, employing over 15,000 people. IAG is the name behind some of the most trusted and respected general insurance brands providing a wide range of products to protect the homes, lifestyles and businesses of our millions of customers.
You will be responsible for supporting the Automation CoE with delivery of automation solutions. The intent of the role is to design, develop, support, maintain and deliver automation solutions to assist IAG with creating greater efficiency. As a Consultant, the ability to work collaboratively with others to achieve outcomes is expected along with a developing capability to work independently, demonstrating creative thinking and applying consulting skills in the context of a developing automation offering within IAG.
- Deliver Capacity and Value to IAG via the application of automation solutions in support of increased customer value and the medium term cost out objectives.
- Design, develop and maintain automation coding for testing and delivery
- Take ownership of allocated work or initiatives and deliver these on time and within quality expectations.
- Identify technical and process risks as part of automation implementation
- Provide post production support where applicable
- Create and document robust testing environments for automation initiatives to ensure effective delivery
- Assist with the creation and maintenance of user manuals and guidelines
- Work collaboratively with the Delivery, Governance and Architecture Productivity teams to assist with meeting broader IAG productivity goals.
- Establish effective working relationships with project sponsors, business management, third party vendors and staff to enable effective implementation of automation initiatives.
These are the skills and experience we’re looking for
- Demonstrated experience designing and implementing solutions incorporating a range of process automation tools that could include Blue Prism and/or PegaRobotics
- Demonstrated experience in identifying process improvement opportunities and ability to operate in a complex, fast paced operation
- Extensive business process mapping and development experience
- Demonstrated ability to solve technical problems and implement innovative solutions
- Excellent relationship building and communication skills
- Familiarity with Visual Studio
- C# development experience
- Familiarity with software development process tools, e.g. git/SCM, JIRA, Confluence etc.
- Custom WYSIWYG
- Familiarity with XML
Culture & Benefits
In addition to a diverse and inclusive culture, some of our benefits include 13% superannuation, 50% insurance discounts, flexible work and leave options. Visit our website to find out more.
How to Apply
To submit your interest in this role, please click the ‘Apply’ button below. For more exciting careers at IAG, visit our website.