Senior Manaqement Accountant | VIC Melbourne Inner
|Position Type:||Fixed Term Contract|
|Attachments:|| Senior Management Accountant, Planning.docx (Word, 47KB)
|Application Close Date:||09-Mar-2017|
- 6 month contract opportunity
- Melbourne CBD based
IAG is the largest general insurance group in Australia and New Zealand, with a growing presence in Asia. Last year, IAG insured over $2 trillion worth of assets, collecting $11.4 billion in premiums and paying out almost $9 billion in claims.
In Australia, IAG owns some of the region’s most trusted brands, including NRMA Insurance, CGU, SGIO, SGIC, WFI and Swann Insurance; as well as underwriting some other key brands such as RACV and Coles Insurance.
The role of the Senior Management Accountant is to assist the FP&A team deliver of the business objectives of the ABD, ACD & Business Services. To provide direction, effective leadership and ensure advisory teams receive accurate and timely, budgeting, forecasting, management reporting and financial support to enable effective decision making and achievement of financial targets.
In this role you will be responsible for
- Provide direction and guidance to Business Advisors in preparing budgets and forecasts and proactively manage issues to ensure timelines and deliverables are met.
- Provide detailed analysis on specific budget and business issues for the ACD / Business Services.
- Maintain strong relationships with Business Advisors teams to understand the businesses and provide value added analysis.
- Provide Monthly Management reporting and ad-hoc analysis to business advisory teams.
- Foster a learning culture that actively benchmarks and challenges existing practices.
These are the essential skills and experience we’re looking for
- Financial Services expertise required, preferably within Insurance
- Experience in finance and accounting including financial management/reporting, technical accounting knowledge, and business commerciality
- Experience operating and delivering results in a matrix environment and leveraging relationships to influence and drive outcomes
- CA/CPA/CIMA qualified
Culture & Benefits
We place great value on supporting diversity and inclusion in the workplace, providing flexibility for our employees and giving back to the community. Visit our website for more information about our rewards.
How to Apply
To submit your interest in this role, please click ‘Apply’ button below and submit your cover letter and resume.