Underwriter - Workers Compensation | TAS Hobart All
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||22-Aug-2018|
About the Role
As an integral part of the CGU Workers Compensation Product (Risk States) team, this position is accountable for underwriting and processing of The Tasmanian Workers Compensation business. The position is responsible for partnering with other internal partners to ensure a whole of account/multiline approach is delivered to customers (brokers, agents, clients and consultants) in order to achieve profit, growth and retention targets.
- Accountable for the underwriting of new and renewal Workers Compensation business while operating within specific risk acceptance authorities and underwriting guidelines.
- Delivery of high level customer service including consultation with and responding to customers in a timely manner.
- Processing of all underwriting correspondence in an accurate and timely manner and in accordance with underwriting guidelines to ensure premium processed reflects the terms of the policies underwritten.
- Support Credit Services in the collection of outstanding premium
- Ensure that all legislative regulations and guidelines are followed to ensure compliance with underwriting guidelines
- Achievement of National Account Business Plan and budget.
Skills & Experience
- A minimum of 3 years' experience in Workers Compensation claims or underwriting
- Insurance knowledge
- Ability to work collaboratively with multiple business partners to achieve corporate goals
- Good understanding of industry, including industry participants and the regulatory environment
- Good negotiation skills (essential)
- Good verbal and written communication skills (essential)
- Strong computer skills
At IAG, we believe that everyone has a unique point of view to share, shaped by their life experiences, cultures & passions. We celebrate and commit to:
#Proud to be me - we value difference, not sameness
#Together - harnessing our collective wisdom enables us to be our best for our customers & each other
#No boxes - it's not about labels, boxes or categories. It's about building a diverse and inclusive mindset into everything we do
IAG is the largest general insurance group in Australia and New Zealand. IAG owns some of the region's most trusted brands, including NRMA Insurance, CGU, SGIO, SGIC, WFI and Swann Insurance.
Start your career journey with us and click ‘Apply'!
In addition to a diverse and inclusive culture, some of our benefits include 13% superannuation, 50% insurance discounts, flexible work and leave options, generous parental leave and return to work program, recognition and reward program, and various corporate partner discounts.